Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Wayne County)

Default NEF 12 Gauge Pump

Ok...so I was walking around Gander yesterday and looking at all their overpriced guns just for some time killing purposes....I was looking at shotguns and I saw a blacked out NEF "Pardner" 12 gauge pump with an 18.5" barrel that really looked and felt nice. I'm not necessarily in the market for a shotgun as my 870 is just fine right now but I was interested in the style of this gun and the low price.

Does anyone know anything about this gun? Decent? Junk? I heard it is Chinese made but that doesn't automatically mean it's junk as my Chinese made SKS is well made...so how about some opinions or first hand knowledge.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: NEF 12 Gauge Pump

Bought one with a 26 in barrel and ended up sawing it off for a HD shottie... It's not a bad BUG to keep lying around. Never had any problems, but then again it's a pump action... not too much can go wrong and for the hundred some i paid for it it was worth it.

‘The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.’’

— James Earl Jones

(Bedford County)

Good gun or not, the biggest problem with buying an imported shotgun is finding parts 10-15 years down the road. For a cheaper dollar pump gun the 870 Remington is hard to beat, and has been around for decades. It would be hard to talk me out of one.

My $.02

(Wayne County)

Yeah, as I said...I already have an 870 but I liked the looks of this one. And really...for around $200...I wasn't much thinking about parts availability down the road. I'm really looking at it with it's 18.5" barrel and cheap price as a defense shotgun.

(Washington County)

Talking Re: NEF 12 Gauge Pump

Got one (Pardner Pump Protector), also at Gander Mountain. Can't beat it for price or function. Have run slugs and 000 Buckshot through it at home defense range, no problem. Only bad thing I can really say about it is it seems to kick more than any shotgun I've ever fired, and really started to hurt after 30 rounds. Wouldn't trade it, though.

(Franklin County)

I have one for sale if your intrested, Nice gun for the price. Only reason Im selling is to buy a semi.

Quote Originally Posted by TaurusGuy View Post
    Ok...so I was walking around Gander yesterday and looking at all their overpriced guns just for some time killing purposes....I was looking at shotguns and I saw a blacked out NEF "Pardner" 12 gauge pump with an 18.5" barrel that really looked and felt nice. I'm not necessarily in the market for a shotgun as my 870 is just fine right now but I was interested in the style of this gun and the low price.

Does anyone know anything about this gun? Decent? Junk? I heard it is Chinese made but that doesn't automatically mean it's junk as my Chinese made SKS is well made...so how about some opinions or first hand knowledge.
    NEF is New England Firearms, owned by Remington now. what were they asking for the 18.5"
    Honesta Mors Turpi Vita Potior ~ 3%

(Wayne County)

I don't recall the exact price but I'm pretty sure it was just over $200.

(Philadelphia County)

Great gun you will have it forever

(Delaware County)

I think the Mossberg Maverick is in this price range too and I was told that most parts are interchageable with the Mossberg 500 which has been around for a while. I have been toying with the idea of getting my first shotgun as well.

Anyone have any knowledge or thoughts on the Maverick and/or how it compares to the NEF?
    Useless laws weaken the necessary laws.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast