Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: $49.70 For a Tranfer!

Quote Originally Posted by beex215 View Post
    you should come to philly and do transfers. there so much cheaper at 50-75$..
    King Shooter's Supply is in King of Prussia. Best staff around and very reasonable transfer fees.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by VeritasAequitas View Post
    King Shooter's Supply is in King of Prussia. Best staff around and very reasonable transfer fees.

Second this.
    E FLUCTIBUS IRRUIT IN HOSTEM. AECIDAE TELO IACET LIBATIS.

The End of Josiah's Railroad, Pennsylvania
    (Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by tcc722 View Post
    I think gander mt is higher. Last time I was at cabelas it was $27, you just have to wait 3 hrs.
    Gander charged me $35 a couple weeks ago.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by SAB215 View Post
    Can you blame them? With the way online stores price their firearms, they have to make money on something.

You can bet if you buy online and have it shipped to their store, they'll upcharge the shit out of that transfer since they made no money from that sale.

Stores don't make a lot from their firearm sales.
    And charging twice the going rate is damn sure going to make it so they don't make any money off me on any other proeduct as well...

I always went to Kings in KOP until I wanted an Springfield XD Service shipped to them and I was told "NO". Her reasoning was that she had one in stock to sell me. My price online was $377 w/ free shipping + $20 transfer. Her cost to me was $450, plus tax + the $20 transfer.
    I've only been back there twice to get private pistol transfers done becuase it was close to the seller.
    Last edited by B-mac; October 11th, 2012 at 02:05 AM.

(Lawrence County)

Can you blame them? With the way online stores price their firearms, they have to make money on something.

You can bet if you buy online and have it shipped to their store, they'll upcharge the shit out of that transfer since they made no money from that sale.

Yeah, I can blame them and business wise it's stupid. I can guarantee you I'm not the only one thinking I won't be doing business there if he's that high on a transfer. Not that I would anyways since he's not close to me.

The local guy I use charges $20 or $25, don't remember for sure, and I've never bought a gun from him. I've bought little things like scope mounts and used his gunsmith services a few times but that's it.

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by B-mac View Post
    And charging twice the going rate is damn sure going to make it so they don't make any money off me on any other proeduct as well...

I always went to Kings in KOP until I wanted an Springfield XD Service shipped to them and I was told "NO". Her reasoning was that she had one in stock to sell me. My price online was $377 w/ free shipping + $20 transfer. Her cost to me was $450, plus tax + the $20 transfer.
    I've only been back there twice to get private pistol transfers done becuase it was close to the seller.
    So they charge $20 for firearms they have in stock as well?

This is highway robbery for any shop to do this.
    You see this at shows all the time, a guy will have his firearms priced almost at cost, and then when a guy is going through the payment process it's $75 higher and when he asks what's the deal, the guy says "paperwork fee".

Any shop charging more than $5 PICS on a firearm they have in stock deserves no further business from me.

(Monroe County)

(Lehigh County)

French Creek is up there. i bought a pistol off a forum member, he wanted to meet there. way overpriced for a transfer. first and last time there.

(Allegheny County)

I get it for LGS and internet orders, as they want you to buy a firearm from them instead of a internet retailer.

But for acting as a FFL for a private sale, almost $50 is ridiculous.

(Bucks County)

www.gunbroker.com has a very nice little FFL-finder that includes prices charged in many cases. I'd still call to confirm, as gun-shops aren't known for keeping their internet info current, or keeping to it. But that listing is a good place to find guys who don't regard doing transfers on items they don't sell as skin off their nose.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast