Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Westmoreland County)

Default A&S Pistol Range in Youngwood

Went there yesterday to try out a couple of guns I was looking to purchase. I have only had a basic level NRA class at this point (FIRST STEPS Pistol). The dude working the counter (Bill) spent an hour with my wife and me, helping us with our fundamentals, our grips, our trigger pull, etc. He was extremely helpful and patient. Following that, we rented a Glock 19 and a S&W 637. We dropped about 70 bucks between the pistols (7 bucks each), the ammo (17 for a box of 9x19, 22 for a box of .38), and the range time (16 for the hour), but it was a good experience, and I would go back (with my own firearms and ammo though :-D ).

Off the top of my head, they offered quite a few 9mm rentals (Ruger P95, SR9, Glock 19, XD) plus some higher calibers, some 357 and 44 magnum revolvers, and quite a few .22lr pistols. Definitely a good place for a beginner to try some out. I'm fairly certain after shooting a Glock 19 that I'm going to pick one up, hopefully this weekend.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: A&S Pistol Range in Youngwood

Yeah, A&S is great. I've been going there for about 6 months, and on my first trip there I didn't have a clue of what I wanted to buy either. I ended up renting a few pistols over a couple trips there, along with the ones you listed, they have XD and some XDm's of 9mm, 40, and 45, m&p 40 and 9mm, a glock with a laser(was great for my cousin's first time shooting), they previously rented a beretta cx4 storm carbine, and even an AR15. I didn't see the carbine or AR last trip there, they previously allowed AR's on wednesday nights and sundays only, but recently stopped because people kept shooting the target holder things.

Every time i've been there they've been helpful and never felt rushed, even asking kinds of questions. Btw, they're closed mondays..as I found out this week after a 45 minute drive there!

Quote Originally Posted by emraith View Post
    Yeah, A&S is great. I've been going there for about 6 months, and on my first trip there I didn't have a clue of what I wanted to buy either. I ended up renting a few pistols over a couple trips there, along with the ones you listed, they have XD and some XDm's of 9mm, 40, and 45, m&p 40 and 9mm, a glock with a laser(was great for my cousin's first time shooting), they previously rented a beretta cx4 storm carbine, and even an AR15. I didn't see the carbine or AR last trip there, they previously allowed AR's on wednesday nights and sundays only, but recently stopped because people kept shooting the target holder things.

Every time i've been there they've been helpful and never felt rushed, even asking kinds of questions. Btw, they're closed mondays..as I found out this week after a 45 minute drive there!
    I drive from out by Robinson just to shoot there. And yes, I found out the hardway they were closed Mondays too! LMAO

Great little shop. Sometimes they do get very crowded, but that is a good thing!

Justin
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

I was at A&S for just the second time on Saturday. I asked Dave if they had any rear sights for my Remington 7600. He found one in a parts box behind the counter and gave it to me for free. I'll definitely continue going there.