Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Default Re: Kim Needs YOUR Help right NOW!

Kim is among that select group of good guys who have measurably improved the environment for law-abiding gun owners. We should all send some good vibes his way, and if you can afford to, maybe kick in a few bucks for a man who worked countless hours for our benefit.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Berks County)

Its great to hear he found a transplant. I hope things turn out for the best!

Halfway between Here and There, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)

Did receive an update from the Donation group that's helping raise money for Kim and his family...apparently the surgery went well and they were hopeful he'd be sitting up yesterday or today. Will post if I get further information.

(Bucks County)

Its great to hear he got a transplant! As a person who has gone through the liver transplant procedure twice its tough. Prayers and well wishes sent.
    "It's all in the reflexes" Jack Burton

Anybody have a link to latest updates? The liverforkim and gofundme sites are not current. Thanks.
    Cogito, ergo armatus sum.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Legionnaire View Post
    Anybody have a link to latest updates? The liverforkim and gofundme sites are not current. Thanks.
    Kim's transplant surgery was performed on Friday, 19 April, and the initial reports are simply marvelous. The liver is functioning very well, and the doctors and staff are thrilled with the match. Obviously, due to the HIPPA laws, nobody has much detail, but the donor organ was described as "pristine", a "perfect fit" so far as size is concerned, and the surgery was said to have been "textbook". Indeed, it appears Kim is due to be released from hospital in a far shorter time period than one generally sees. I don't have a get home date.

If you would like to contribute to Kim's recovery fund, and God knows he can use all the help he can get, mail a check directly to:

Liver for Kim Fund
    P.O. Box 326
    Clinton, PA 15026

Make checks / money orders payable to “Liver for Kim Fund”. Your gift will be deposited directly into the bank account, with no service charges. Every penny will go directly to Kim.

Thanks in advance for your generosity.
    WOP 2-The Original Spaghetti Western

Thanks much. I made a donation some time ago, but will happily go the second mile.
    Cogito, ergo armatus sum.

Halfway between Here and There, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)

Another Update that I received today:

As many of you already know,...As many of you already know, our dear friend Kim Stolfer of Firearm Owner's Against Crime (F.O.A.C.) received his new liver on Friday, April 19th...just as drama unfolded in Boston, Massachusetts. In Pittsburgh, PA...another drama took place in an operating room at UPMC Montifiore. In an amazing 5.5 hours, Kim was given a new liver from the family of a donor in another state. His new liver was functioning beautifully and beginning to reverse Kim's illness before he even left the operating room! Kim has a new whole liver that is 20 years younger than he is...look out! Kim's surgeons could not be more pleased with his new healthy organ and his initial remarkable recovery.

Kim was discharged to home on Sunday evening April 28th, for his ongoing recovery...a mere 10 days after his life saving surgery. Kim has a lot of healing to do, but he is well on his way!
    Kim will continue to have some ongoing expenses for anti-rejection medications and follow-up care. If you would like to send Kim a get well card, or make a donation to the "Liver for Kim Fund" please do!

Liver for Kim Fund
    First Niagara Bank
    PO Box 326
    Clinton, PA 15026

If you would like to make a meal for Kim during his recovery, please contact Kathie Marino at: kathie.m.RN@gmail.com

Kim, his family and close friends thank you for all of your prayers and other kindnesses and ask for continued prayer for Kim's full recovery.

(Westmoreland County)

Any updates on Kim? I met him years ago at an election rally of some sort back in 1999/2000. Hope and pray all is well with him.
    I forgot how much I missed the slang from the 70's and 80's: "Bite me, dig?"

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by SwampFoxZ71 View Post
    Any updates on Kim? I met him years ago at an election rally of some sort back in 1999/2000. Hope and pray all is well with him.
    I've been travelling with Kim, and I believe the doctors at the transplant center are re-writing the books on liver transplant recovery. In his own words, Kim has said "If the anti gunners hated me before, they're REALLY gonna hate Kim v2.0".

To call his recovery miraculous is probably not overstating his progress. He's gained back some weight, is toning up at the gym, and is working harder than ever to thwart those who would piss on our Constitution.

Swamp Fox, if you really want to help, be in Harrisburg on April 29th for the Second Amendment Action Day. Kim will be there.
    WOP 2-The Original Spaghetti Western

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast