Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Threaded View

(Fayette County)

Default LTCF application process in Fayette Co. ?

Hi all I was hoping I could get some info on the process here in Fayette Co. for obtaining my carry permit.
    1st off Do I need to bring 2 passport pictures or do they take them there when they issue the permit? I have heard it both ways depending upon the county of issuance. One of my co-workers has a card like his DL or a CC with his digital photo printed on it others have the older style laminated card with a passport photo attached.
    Also do you go there and apply OR can you get the app and fill it out and bring it back ? If you fill it it out there how long does it take and I assume you need to then bring your references info with You (?) They just need full name address and phone number --correct?
    And I am assuming it can only be done in Uniontown at the sherrifs office --which I gather is in the courthouse (?)
    --some people have said the courthouse --some say the sheriffs office which they seem to assume everyone just knows where it is....
    Also do you need to bring a check or will they take cash or a debit/credit card. One guy told me he needed a check for the fee and then the permit issuance he paid in cash when he picked his permit up. But they wouldnt take cash for the app fee.(??)
    I know these might seem like obvious questions to some but if you have not lived here all your life and dont get to Uniontown --like ever....
    My house literally borders Westmoreland Co and most of the time I am working in Allegheny Co so I rarely if ever get down that way. Mainly I wll have to take a half day off run down there and get it done so I want to make sure I go in there with everything I need if I have to do it there and so on..
    I appreciate the help in advance
    Last edited by Mflynn4; October 3rd, 2012 at 05:35 PM. Reason: correcting errors in title