Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Default PAFOA Embroidered Sweatshirts

Hello all, I am interested in buying a PAFOA logo sweatshirt but the offerings are of fairly low quality and only silk screened.

I would like to gather together folks that are interested in having a run of quality sweatshirts embroidered.

I am thinking that Carhartt sweatshirts would be ideal with a large logo embroidered on the full back and a smaller one embroidered on the front chest area.

Anyone else interested in this?

Louis Rendemonti

EDIT: just realized i posted this in the wring forum. oops, moderators do as you feel is appropriate
    Last edited by lourendo; October 1st, 2012 at 01:45 AM.

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: PAFOA Embroidered Sweatshirts

the pafoa logo is copyright material and you would need express permission to use it in anything like that. i am sure someone will chime in with the creator, but i would not go doing it without permission.

(Chester County)

Ok. I assumed that was the case but I will see who i need to contact in order to use it.

(Centre County)

Send a message to danp, he is the holder of the copyrighted material.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by Xringshooter View Post
    Send a message to danp, he is the holder of the copyrighted material.
    Yeppers.

Danp is the copyright holder.

A copyright holder is allowed to grant license for the use of their protected article.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Berks County)

I've made Dan aware of this thread, not sure when he'll have time to chime in or what his thoughts are at this point.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Philadelphia County)

At this point we're not licensing our logo to any business to mass-print/sell, however if you found some place in the mall that would stitch our logo onto a jacket for you as a one-off for personal use, I have no problem with that. We've let people do that with lower receivers before.

PAFOA merch is unfortunately a logistical nightmare, it doesn't generate enough revenue to warrant the amount of time it takes to manage it all unless it's through something like cafepress which isn't the greatest quality.

At some point maybe we can contract it out to a larger company to handle on a larger scale, but I'm not sure we'd have enough volume to warrant it. We've never really sold more than a few shirts a month in the past. Granted, we could promote it more.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by danp View Post
    At this point we're not licensing our logo to any business to mass-print/sell, however if you found some place in the mall that would stitch our logo onto a jacket for you as a one-off for personal use, I have no problem with that. We've let people do that with lower receivers before.

PAFOA merch is unfortunately a logistical nightmare, it doesn't generate enough revenue to warrant the amount of time it takes to manage it all unless it's through something like cafepress which isn't the greatest quality.

At some point maybe we can contract it out to a larger company to handle on a larger scale, but I'm not sure we'd have enough volume to warrant it. We've never really sold more than a few shirts a month in the past. Granted, we could promote it more.
    Thanks for the thorough response. That is all i really wanted to do, just make one for myself, figured i would offer the other forum members on the website as well. So for anyone interested, the offer is off of the table.

If i may suggest, you should commission a silk screener to silk screen on a blank so that we can purchase silk screened slabs and place them on anything we want, then just iron. This is big in shore town tourist shops, so they can make custom silk screened shirts on any shirt.
    Louis