Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Just got my membership card...

My membership card to Pitcairn-Monroeville Sportsmens' Club just came in the mail today! Woohoo!!! Can't wait to go out there and do some shooting. (The staticness of the game commission range is getting boring.)

Thanks to GunRunners_of_PA for his help with getting me an up-to-date application form.

See yinz out there!

(Allegheny County)

Thumbs up Re: Just got my membership card...

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRedToyota View Post
    My membership card to Pitcairn-Monroeville Sportsmens' Club just came in the mail today! Woohoo!!! Can't wait to go out there and do some shooting. (The staticness of the game commission range is getting boring.)

Thanks to GunRunners_of_PA for his help with getting me an up-to-date application form.

See yinz out there!
    WOOOO.....HOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Alright buddy! That was pretty quick. Maybe I'll see you out there if I ever get the chance to go shooting. I'll atleast see you at the meetings. Newbies have to attend the monthly meetings their first year. First Wednesday of the month @ 7pm.

Go seed the lead field!!
    "Ya only need legs to kick ass baby boy" - Bartender in Feast III

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Just got my membership card...

Quote Originally Posted by GUNRUNNERS OF PA View Post
    WOOOO.....HOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
    I'll atleast see you at the meetings. Newbies have to attend the monthly meetings their first year. First Wednesday of the month @ 7pm.
    yeah, they just sent me a membership card with no kind of orientation information or anything. kinda strange...kinda cool in a way, though.

i can get the gist of things from the website, though.

i wish i hadn't already missed the meeting for this month, but i will definitely be at the one in january.

i will prolly go out to the practical pistol shooting practice/indoor range class next thursday, too.

(Beaver County)

Glad to hear from a new member. Pretty soon we will be doing our practical pistol shooting outside-during better weather conditions, and we can run around more than we can inside.

(Westmoreland County)

I just sent in my application/photo/check today!

EmptyMag invited me to join him for a few hours of plinking on Saturday and I had a great time and hope I get accepted. I also met Roland, briefly, as he was building some stuff.

I didn't have a member signature but was told it wouldn't be necessary. So I'll just wait and see.

Hope to catch you guys out there sometime!
    "Because I'm an American." - MtnJack

(Beaver County)

We have monthly Meetings on the first Wed. of the month at 7 pm in the "combo building" that the indoor pistol and archery ranges. This would be the 2nd large concrete block building along our entrance road. The banquet committee cooks up some food for the membership, so if you miss dinner you can still get a bite to eat-free. I know alot of members don't come to the meetings but its the best way to get current info on whats going on at your club. I hope to see you there. rol

(Westmoreland County)

heh, I met up with all of the guys in this thread plus EmptyMag last night at PMSC and got voted in! I'm pretty stoked. All a bunch of great guys.

EDIT: I know to get access to the pistol range, I have to go some Thursday at 5:30 to meet with Steve....I think. Is there anyone else I need to meetup with? I didn't really get a rule-book so I'm not sure how to get a key for the masterlock to the outdoor rifle and pistol ranges. If anyone has some info, send it my way.

Thanks
    Last edited by D-FENS; March 8th, 2007 at 08:49 AM.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by TheHighChild View Post
    EDIT: I know to get access to the pistol range, I have to go some Thursday at 5:30 to meet with Steve....I think. Is there anyone else I need to meetup with?
    nope. all you gotta do is go out there at 5:30 on a thursday and get the 10 minute "this is how you work the range...and don't be an idiot" run through and then you get a key and you are good to go.

if you want to stick around afterward, there is IPSC practice on thursday nights which is a lot of fun.

nice meeting you last night!

(Westmoreland County)

What about the padlock on the chains going to the outdoor pistol and rifle range or is it the same key?

I ask because I wanted to go out this weekend and shoot at the outdoor ranges. I won't be able to get out of work early enough to make it there by 5:30...*sigh* maybe next week.
    Last edited by D-FENS; March 8th, 2007 at 11:53 AM.

(Allegheny County)

the only thing you need the run-through for is the indoor range.

you should have gotten a key last night for the front door to the building where the meeting was held (which is also the building that houses the indoor range...though that "room" has a separate door with a different key).

i've never seen a chain across the road to the outdoor pistol range/shooting bunkers, but i haven't been out there for a month or so, so maybe they put one up. there definitely is one for the rifle range.

you can open the locks on those chains with the same key that opens the front door on the "meeting building".

getting out there by 5:30 on a thursday was problematic for me too...takes close to an hour to drive the 12 miles or so from here to there in rush hour i'll never understand how people sit in that traffic every day.

i also was (and to some extent still am) a little unclear on the rules/what-is-kosher/what-is-not-kosher at PMSC...there doesn't seem to be a synopsis of the rules or anything anywhere.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast