Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Printing

(Fayette County)

Default Printing

I can't take it anymore....

There is no brandishing law in PA

There isnt a rule saying if you choose to conceal your firearm that it has to be completely hidden

Strangers do not notice, nor is any person going to comment on a bulge on your hip

WHY do folks continually change the way they dress, the size of their clothes, buy special garments, extra small pistols and buy fancy damn holsters when it is not needed???

If you choose to CC for whatever reason why does it matter that you print a bit? Why cant the bottom of your OWB holster or even the tip of your barrel show under your shirt???
    Last edited by Glock_23; September 25th, 2012 at 10:58 PM.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Printing

I completely agree, but it's all a matter of personal taste and preference.
    2A351

(Fayette County)

But where does this personal taste come from??

If people can OC in big cities like Pittsburgh they can def open carry in the other small rural towns of PA...

I just dont get it.

(Montgomery County)

It's legal for my boxers to show over my waistband but that doesn't mean I want them to. It's legal for me to unbutton my shirt till my chest hair is popping out, but that doesn't mean I want to.

What's the big deal on whether someone doesn't want to print or not? There are plenty of legit reasons to truly conceal so why make it into an issue (when clearly it is not)?

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowline View Post
    It's legal for my boxers to show over my waistband but that doesn't mean I want them to. It's legal for me to unbutton my shirt till my chest hair is popping out, but that doesn't mean I want to.

What's the big deal on whether someone doesn't want to print or not? There are plenty of legit reasons to truly conceal so why make it into an issue (when clearly it is not)?
    But what is the reasoning behind not wanting to print? This is what I am not understanding

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Glock_23 View Post
    But what is the reasoning behind not wanting to print? This is what I am not understanding
    There could be infinite reasons:

1. The place you are going doesn't permit any visible indication of a firearm.
    2. You are dressed professionally for a work event and don't want the presence of a firearm known to clients.
    3. Your mother has asked you to keep your gun hidden when you are at her house.
    4. You are going to be at a venue where people will be crowded into a tight area (concert, local fair) and you want to reduce risk of a gun grab.
    5. You don't feel like dealing with ignorant citizens or LEOs.

I could go on and on forever.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

(Monroe County)

One time i were in a wawa in Brienigsville Lehigh county waiting to pay for my coffee and a man behind me on the line just kept staring at my waist, i guess he were wondering what that bulge were, we all print from time to time, personally i hate to carry small guns guns so i always have my Beretta 92 , Sig 220car or my Glock 17 on me all big guns.

like one of the other guys here once posted, if anyone questions the bulge on your side just ask them if they'd like to see you colostomy bag.
    In the meantime just ejoy your freedom and print away if you like.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Glock_23 View Post
    But where does this personal taste come from??

If people can OC in big cities like Pittsburgh they can def open carry in the other small rural towns of PA...

I just dont get it.
    Seriously? You don't get what PERSONAL taste is?

per·son·al [pur-suh-nl]
    adjective
    1. of, pertaining to, or coming as from a particular person; individual; private: a personal opinion.

It means, I PERSONALLY do not wish to advertise in any way, that I'm carrying a firearm. I have better shit to do that get hassled by someone who thinks their POV matters to me and that I should be forced to listen to it.

You can find any number of threads on this forum where PAFOA members were out minding their own business when some degenerate, mouth-breather decided that they had to announce to the person that their firearm was showing.

I am fully aware that it is legal for me to carry a firearm and display it in any way that I want to. Whether that be IWB, OWB, shoulder carry or taped to my forehead.

I PERSONALLY do not want any unwelcome interactions with A) Annoying people. B) Police, since I live in Philadelphia, and we all know their attitude towards anyone other than themselves carrying a gun. C) People who are quick to judge. While it's normal to us since this is a firearm related forum, guns, to a large portion of our population are a taboo. Ever tried making a first impression to someone and it came off the wrong way? Imagine that with like 99% of the people you'd meet in a day.

That's why I don't want to print when I carry my gun.

Get it now?
    “Until they become conscious, they will never rebel.” - George Orwell, 1984

(Fayette County)

#1 should have been: I am uncomfortable knowing that anyone else may know I have a gun...

I have never heard of anywhere that doesn't allow visible firearms that allow firearms at all, they either allow them concealed/ open or they don't...

Also, most elderly moms dont set standards to their children!

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast