Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Printing

(Erie County)

Default Re: Printing

Quote Originally Posted by Glock_23 View Post
    If you choose to CC for whatever reason why does it matter that you print a bit? Why cant the bottom of your OWB holster or even the tip of your barrel show under your shirt???

Then the firearm is really not concealed, is it, which was the initial intent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Monroe County)

Honestly are you continuing this thread for fun or are you really clueless? Does your musing really need an answer?

There are dozens of reasons why at different times people carry different ways. Sometimes it's comfort, sometimes it's tactical, sometimes it's convenience and sometimes it's just keeping the piece with others.

I`ve carried both ways in Fikes, and at the Dunkin Donuts near the turn for Fikes but always concealed at Marlene's up on 51.

You need to understand choice and personal preference.

(Venango County)

Most people, when they do something, they like to do it properly and not half-assed.

If you are going to print, why not just OC anyway? The question can be reversed.

It really does not matter. There are situations and preferences at play.

I don't know if Florida still has their CCW law written this way; but they used to not allow OC or accidental exposure even on your own property. Concealed meant concealed or you had legal problems. This, unfortunately, can cause law abiding citizens to suddenly become law breakers unintentionally. This is definitely not a situation that bodes well for the citizenry either. It is enough to scare them into not carrying at all. I am glad PA had not gone that route.

BTW, I am honored someone recalled my colostomy bag quip! That was probably one of my first posts or close to it, IIRC.
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

(Luzerne County)

You can CAPS and enlarge your print all you want, I am asking for reasons... It just sounds like people are too paranoid to carry if they NEVER EVER want to print... especially in scenarios I have seen above, like a dark concert with a crowd... like anyone is looking for a gun on your hip.
    Too paranoid to carry because they don't want to print? You are starting to sound like one of those people who goes around saying who should and should not carry because goddamnit anybody who does needs to do it like you or not even bother at all right? The only people who are doing it wrong are the unarmed.
    Let us hope for the best, but let us also prepare for the worst.

(Washington County)

You can CAPS and enlarge your print all you want, I am asking for reasons...

Because I can. That's the only reason you need. If you can't handle that then it's your problem to deal with it, not ours to try and explain.
    The mightiest oak in the forest is just a little nut that held his ground.

(Fayette County)

I was just curious, I'm not demanding answers...

Thanks for the responses.

(Philadelphia County)

If you choose to CC for whatever reason why does it matter that you print a bit? Why cant the bottom of your OWB holster or even the tip of your barrel show under your shirt???
    I believe the personal preference answer is enough of a reason but I'll add one more.

Many people work or regularly frequent places without any posted firearm restrictions. If we start showing up to work with a gun showing or even printing it's going to draw attention and probably a change in policy. Out of site keeps it out of mind, and for some situations that's exactly what we want.

(Lancaster County)

Why do you care how anyone else carries or what kind of holster they carry in? It's really none of your business what someone's preference is. You carry the way you want, everyone else will carry the way they want. It shouldn't matter one iota to you how anyone carries.

Palladium.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by TaePo View Post
    Most people, when they do something, they like to do it properly and not half-assed.

If you are going to print, why not just OC anyway? The question can be reversed.

It really does not matter. There are situations and preferences at play.

I don't know if Florida still has their CCW law written this way; but they used to not allow OC or accidental exposure even on your own property. Concealed meant concealed or you had legal problems. This, unfortunately, can cause law abiding citizens to suddenly become law breakers unintentionally. This is definitely not a situation that bodes well for the citizenry either. It is enough to scare them into not carrying at all. I am glad PA had not gone that route.

BTW, I am honored someone recalled my colostomy bag quip! That was probably one of my first posts or close to it, IIRC.
    I just dont have the patients to educate people on OC. i carry my sig under a t-shirt with half the barrel hanging out and could care less if someone sees, but i prefer to just be left alone. i usually CC my kimber at weddings and other events i need to 'dress up' at.
    PETA - People Eating Tasty Animals

(Venango County)

Quote Originally Posted by zeroflat24 View Post
    I just don't have the patients to educate people on OC. i carry my sig under a t-shirt with half the barrel hanging out and could care less if someone sees, but i prefer to just be left alone. i usually CC my kimber at weddings and other events i need to 'dress up' at.
    I think you misunderstood the intent of my statement.

I meant that if you are going to sloppily conceal, why not just open carry?

The OP is asking/stating that since OC is not illegal and there are no printing/brandishing laws, why not haphazardly conceal? I am stating, if you are not going to make much of an effort to conceal it; why not just OC it?

You could call it two sides of the same coin.

(I was not pontificating on OC vs. CC in this case.)
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast