Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: USPS.. why??

Default USPS.. why??

So the itch creeped up on me and I pulled the trigger on a ruger sp101. Everything was going well.. shipped same day.. not from very far, but then this happened. It was suppose to go to bangor not bethlehem

Code:
    September 23, 2012	12:11:00	 LEHIGH VALLEY, PA 18002	PROCESSED THROUGH USPS SORT FACILITY

September 23, 2012	00:34:00	 LEHIGH VALLEY, PA 18002	DEPART USPS SORT FACILITY

September 22, 2012	20:28:00	 LEHIGH VALLEY, PA 18002	PROCESSED THROUGH USPS SORT FACILITY

September 22, 2012	20:19:00	 LEHIGH VALLEY, PA 18002	PROCESSED THROUGH USPS SORT FACILITY

September 22, 2012	07:45:00	 BETHLEHEM, PA 18016	MISSENT

September 22, 2012	07:20:00	 BETHLEHEM, PA 18016	ARRIVAL AT UNIT
    (read bottom up)

lol... apparently "missent" just means it was sent to the wrong PO and I'll have to wait an extra day or two. I think in the future I'll forgo the free shipping and splurge on the extra for fedex.

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: USPS.. why??

I remember ordering from eBay someone located in Ohio. It was sent cheapest way and went 5 business days to California. Stayed there over weekend and got back to me in 4 days.

No wonder they going bankrupt.

Quote Originally Posted by SHTF View Post
    I remember ordering from eBay someone located in Ohio. It was sent cheapest way and went 5 business days to California. Stayed there over weekend and got back to me in 4 days.

No wonder they going bankrupt.
    yea that and the agencies to oversee the agencies, all with amazing pensions.
    Montani Semper Liberi

I usually don't have problems with USPS. It use to be UPS that was barely reliable. A friend of mine in college was a supervisor for ups down in philly. He said it was just chaos in those sorting places.

(Montgomery County)

When I was overseas in the Navy, the Post Office delivered one of my income tax returns to Singapore.
    Hafa Adai! IANAL I merely state my opinion. If I am wrong, please correct me.

(Chester County)

I imagine it would be chaos in any mail companies sorting area, UPS, USPS, FedEx or whomever.

However it was USPS that lost my 6K Rolex. grrrr
    Jimmy cracked corn and HE didn't care! Why should I?

(Bucks County)

My pet peeve is FedEx "SmartPost" which Amazon has started using for a lot of their 2-day "Prime" shipments. They used to often come in 1 day via FedEx or UPS, because neither sits on a shipment say, from Allentown to Doylestown.

But now they used Dumb-post, wherein FedEx ships to your local USPS post office, and then your SnailMan delivers it the last mile.

Result? Usually about 8 hours to get from the fulfillment center to your local Post Office, arriving at 8:30AM or so.... then another 30 hours to get from the local PO to your doorstep.

So much for "Prime" performing better than expected due to the new distribution network. All that and sales tax, too!

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by gascolator View Post
    My pet peeve is FedEx "SmartPost" which Amazon has started using for a lot of their 2-day "Prime" shipments. They used to often come in 1 day via FedEx or UPS, because neither sits on a shipment say, from Allentown to Doylestown.

But now they used Dumb-post, wherein FedEx ships to your local USPS post office, and then your SnailMan delivers it the last mile.

Result? Usually about 8 hours to get from the fulfillment center to your local Post Office, arriving at 8:30AM or so.... then another 30 hours to get from the local PO to your doorstep.

So much for "Prime" performing better than expected due to the new distribution network. All that and sales tax, too!
    UPS has a similar program. It's a crap shoot each time, but generally my expectations are lowered when I see the package go to USPS for delivery.

I thought it might take 1 extra day but I'm imagining this scenario in my head where it just goes in this loop for a week then gets sent to paris france or something.

(Butler County)

I stopped my mail for a week and they held my whole family's! They figured something was up after a few days..
    H&K USP Compact 9mm//SA XD-9//SA XDs 45//S&W 442

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast