Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    (Wayne County)

Default From McCains web site re gun control

I just got this e-mai:

This is taken directly from John McCain's web site.
    You may, of course, choose to believe it or not.

On the Issues / On The Issues / Issues / Home

Protecting Second Amendment Rights

John McCain believes that the right of law abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is a fundamental, individual Constitutional right that we have a sacred duty to protect. We have a responsibility to ensure that criminals who violate the law are prosecuted to the fullest, rather than restricting the rights of law abiding citizens. Gun control is a proven failure in fighting crime. Law abiding citizens should not be asked to give up their rights because of criminals - criminals who ignore gun control laws anyway. Gun Manufacturer Liability
    John McCain opposes backdoor attempts to restrict Second Amendment rights by holding gun manufacturers liable for crimes committed by third parties using a firearm, and has voted to protect gun manufacturers from such inappropriate liability aimed at bankrupting the entire gun industry.

"Neither justice nor domestic peace are served by holding the innocent responsible for the acts of the criminal."

-Senator John McCain

Assault Weapons

John McCain opposes restrictions on so-called "assault rifles" and voted consistently against such bans. Most recently he opposed an amendment to extend a ban on 19 specific firearms, and others with similar characteristics.

Importation of High Capacity Magazines

John McCain opposes bans on the importation of certain types of ammunition magazines and has voted against such limitations.

Gun Locks

John McCain believes that every firearms owner has a responsibility to learn how to safely use and store the firearm they have chosen, whether for target shooting, hunting, or personal protection. He has supported legislation requiring gun manufacturers to include gun safety devices such as trigger locks in product packaging.

Banning Ammunition

John McCain believes that banning ammunition is just another way to undermine Second Amendment rights. He voted against an amendment that would have banned many of the most commonly used hunting cartridges on the spurious grounds that they were "armor-piercing."

DC Personal Protection

As part of John McCain's defense of Second Amendment rights, he cosponsored legislation to lift a ban on the law abiding citizens of the District of Columbia from exercising their Constitutional right to bear arms.

Criminal Background Checks

John McCain supports instant criminal background checks to help prohibit criminals from buying firearms and has voted to ensure they are conducted thoroughly, efficiently, and without infringing on the rights of law abiding citizens.

Background Checks at Gun Shows

At a time when some were trying to shut down gun shows in the name of fighting crime, John McCain tried to preserve gun shows by standardizing sales procedures. Federal law requires licensed firearm sellers at gun shows to do an instant criminal background check on purchasers while private firearm sellers at gun shows do not have to conduct such a check. John McCain introduced legislation that would require an instant criminal background check for all sales at gun shows and believes that such checks must be conducted quickly to ensure that unnecessary delays do not effectively block transactions.

The Firearm Purchase Waiting Period

John McCain has opposed "waiting periods" for law abiding citizen's purchase of firearms.

The confiscation of firearms after an emergency

John McCain opposes the confiscation of firearms from private citizens, particularly during times of crisis or emergency. He voted in favor of an amendment sponsored by Senator David Vitter prohibiting such confiscation.

Stiffer Penalties for Criminals who use a Firearm in the Commission of a Crime

John McCain believes in strict, mandatory penalties for criminals who use a firearm in the commission of a crime or illegally possess a firearm. Enforcing the current laws on the books is the best way to deter crime.

Default Re: From McCains web site re gun control

He's a politician not to be believed. A career one, nonetheless...

McCain-Feingold
    McCain-Leiberman
    McCain-Kennedy

Gun Owners will have a choice!
    ~Lambo

Constitution Party: 2008 Presidential Nominee Poll

Active Poll!
    http://www.constitutionparty.com/sur...ndex.php?sid=3
    Here are a few Names that are being considered for nomination,

U.S. Senator Bob Smith
    Chief Justice Roy Moore
    Ambassador Alan Keyes
    Pastor Chuck Baldwin
    Dr. Jerome Corsi
    Dr. Don Grundmann

Former U.S. Senator Bob Smith was a high profile Conservative from New Hampshire in the 90s. A great friend of the 2nd Amendment!
    http://bioguide.congress.gov/scripts...?index=S000606

Former Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore was removed from office for refusing to remove the Ten Comandments from Court Rooms. A Staunch Constructionist!
    http://www.cnn.com/2003/LAW/11/13/mo...ncommandments/

Pastor Chuck Baldwin is a Radio Talk Show host, syndicated columnist, and pastor dedicated to preserving the historic principles upon which America was founded.
    http://www.chuckbaldwinlive.com/

Dr. Jerome Corsi received national media exposure as credited co-author with John O'Neill, of Unfit for Command, a book that topped the New York Times bestseller list. The book, written in cooperation with Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, criticized the conduct of John Kerry
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerome_Corsi

Dr. Don Grundmann
    http://www.truthusa.org/

I'm sure we here know of Alan Keyes!

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by sgser View Post
    I just got this e-mai:

This is taken directly from John McCain's web site.
    You may, of course, choose to believe it or not. . . .
    Who did you get his email from? Any official source? Any way we can verify this and refer to it post election? If so, McCain isn't so bad after all.

Thanks for posting and let us know where it came from.

ETA: Nevermind. I need a self-study course in reading comprehension. It is what McCain said.
    http://www.johnmccain.com/Informing/...e1c07d2fbd.htm

I'm voting McCain.
    Last edited by Philadelphia; March 7th, 2008 at 08:08 AM.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Philadelphia View Post
    Who did you get his email from? Any official source? Any way we can verify this and refer to it post election? If so, McCain isn't so bad after all.

Thanks for posting and let us know where it came from.

ETA: Nevermind. I need a self-study course in reading comprehension. It is what McCain said.
    http://www.johnmccain.com/Informing/...e1c07d2fbd.htm

I'm voting McCain.

You got it! (http://www.johnmccain.com:80/Informing/Issues/)

I honestly don't know how I'm going to vote, if I do. I do know I won't vote Democrat. Earlier I posted a site dealing with Vets
    against McCain. I agree with an earlier comment about his being a politician. But they all are. I did like Duncan Hunter though.

(Lawrence County)

I liked most of what I read in the original post until it came to gun shows. He still supports government interference with selling your personal property. Cars kill far more people than guns do every year, will we need to do a background check on someone interested in buying our vehicle too?

(Berks County)

His campaign site may say this now, but his past voting record hasn't exactly been in defense of the 2nd Amendment. See this thread, and the corresponding GOA opinion:

http://www.pafoa.org/forum/national-...rd-no-way.html

Admittedly, the GOA website doesn't mention anything about McCain's voting record or introduced legislation since 2006. I'd like to see information about his more recent record, but regardless of what his campaign site says, I don't know if I'm convinced.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Lehigh County)

So I agree McCain isn't perfect but he has a C+ rating from the NRA. Hillary and Obama both get an F. Voting for any third party candidate is just pissing away your vote.
    The older I get, the better I used to be.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by 1iarrowking View Post
    So I agree McCain isn't perfect but he has a C+ rating from the NRA. Hillary and Obama both get an F. Voting for any third party candidate is just pissing away your vote.
    +1 I am voting for him because he is the lesser of two evils.

I don't but Hillary/obama's hype that they can get out of Iraq, we're still in Germany,Korea etc....

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by SteveXD View Post
    +1 I am voting for him because he is the lesser of two evils.

I don't but Hillary/obama's hype that they can get out of Iraq, we're still in Germany,Korea etc....
    No offense, but if that logic does not constitute a waste of a vote then I don't know why you wouldn't vote for Ron Paul (if he is still running), or mickey mouse, or whoever. McCain, Obama, and Clinton are all the same thing....manipulatable and without righteousness.

Why would someone ever vote for the lesser of the evils, vote for who you want to vote for. This is the same logic that has necessarily only given us 2 likely parties in this country, because no one believes another party could win. Don't believe the propaganda.

This isn't China, more than 1 person is electable despite what they want you to think. Make a statement and vote for someone who gives a damn about this country, because these bastards are dead-set on taking your freedom.

This IS the last place of freedom on earth. Thats why I hate this election.
    Believe those who are seeking the truth; doubt those who find it.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast