Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Gunsmithing Pron - PA63 Extractor

So, I bought a PA-63 for my wife several months ago. I'm rather impressed with the darn thing, and I'm considering getting one for myself. I got a deal on the first one, it was missing an extractor. So, what did I do? I measured the ammunition, and the extractor slot then proceeded to make a blueprint. With blueprint in hand, I laid it out on a piece of scrap metal and proceeding to cut and file with hand tools until I thought I had a workable prototype. The prototype is still installed in my wife's gun, and has never failed on the range. I'm making a second one this weekend, with a simplified design I came up with.

Here's a link to a PDF of the blueprint I made.

Here's a 3D model I made from the blueprint:

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Gunsmithing Pron - PA63 Extractor

I had trouble with getting it all in the first post. Here's a picture of mid-way through making the prototype.

Should I post more when I make the second prototype? I'm considering getting one of them blued to match the weapon. I'm also taking these blueprints and the second prototype to job interviews, as a small demonstration of what I can do when motivated.

Good work, Jared. The range results confirm your work. Might be interesting to compare yours to an original to see how close you got it.
    Gloria: "65 percent of the people murdered in the last 10 years were killed by hand guns"
    Archie Bunker: "would it make you feel better, little girl, if they was pushed outta windows?"

http://www.moviewavs.com/TV_Shows/Al...he_Family.html

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by PA Rifleman View Post
    Good work, Jared. The range results confirm your work. Might be interesting to compare yours to an original to see how close you got it.
    Thanks. I've since seen pictures of an original that I didn't have access to at the time, and there is only on small difference in the shape of it. I'll probably sit down and change my design to be the same, soon. I was thinking of trying to make small runs of these to sell, but I've been seeing originals for sale now so I probably won't.

I'm half considering making hard to find replacement parts for firearms at home, as a small home business. I thought this might be my first offering, but it looks like they are on the market now so I need a new product.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared McLaughlin View Post

I'm half considering making hard to find replacement parts for firearms at home, as a small home business. ...
    Consider studying heat treatment, if you haven't already.

Good luck.
    Gloria: "65 percent of the people murdered in the last 10 years were killed by hand guns"
    Archie Bunker: "would it make you feel better, little girl, if they was pushed outta windows?"

http://www.moviewavs.com/TV_Shows/Al...he_Family.html