Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default *Sniff* No more PA

Well, I just completed a PCS move down to Georgia from PA. Fortunately, Georgia is almost as OC friendly as PA. Going to be a while before I actually OC though. Need to relearn a bunch of laws...

Anyways, I still plan on being as active as I can on these forums. Everyone here has taught me a lot and I feel that the opportunity exists to learn even more. Just don't expect me to pop up to any get-togethers for a year or so!

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: *Sniff* No more PA

Enjoy! I'd be down there myself if I could (wife's family is here). Good barbecue and other food, growing economy, nice scenery, and many other great things to enjoy.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Lackawanna County)

what are you complaining about no snow. gun friendly no snow sweet tea no snow.

see where im going here enjoy it. Id move in a heart beat if i could.

(Chester County)

Yeah wth I am moving to NJ... that's a real tear-jerker.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by NathanB View Post
    No snow? The coldest Winter I ever survived was Fall at Sand Hill. Holy crap I nearly froze to death. It was friggen cold. And them southern folk don't know how to get diesel engines started when they freeze, either. Then for Christmas they had some tornadoes come through and knock over a whorehouse, trapping some GIs inside for several hours. When they finally got them out they were broke.

But the best story I have about Georgia is this one. A few years ago I got on a plane in Georgia, took off, and landed in Alabama. I realized it was the sixth time I flown from Georgia to Alabama, but the first time I was still on a plane when I landed in Alabama.

(Bucks County)

Good luck down there ! If I were to move from PA south is where I would head. I had a buddy who moved to the Atlanta area for a couple years & really liked it
    Jesus is Lord !

(York County)

It was nice to have had the chance to meet you and the Mrs at Five Guys, and I wish you 2 the best of luck.

Georgia has some pretty good carry related organizations and I'm betting they'll have you feeling right at home in no time.

Look up rmodel65 you can find him everywhere by that name. He is a member here as well as OCDC and Georgia Carry and Georgia Packing...

http://georgiacarry.org/

http://www.georgiapacking.org/

http://forum.pafoa.org/members/12226-rmodel65/

I've never met him, but based on his posting history across multiple forums I consider him to be real good people and a strong 2A supporter. I'm sure he'll get you hooked up.

Remember to stop back in from time-to-time, and we'll save a spot for you at the meet/greet!
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper061 View Post
    Well, I just completed a PCS move down to Georgia from PA.
    Benning? Gordon? Well no matter! I hope you're not going to be pushing BCT/AIT troops! A nice low stress job on the Marksmanship Training Committee would good.

Best of luck! Overall Georgia's not too bad, the roads are even paved!

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by NathanB View Post

see where im going here enjoy it. Id move in a heart beat if i could.
    I froze my @ss off at the Infantry Officer Basic Course.
    A Republic, if you can keep it.

I was a young private TDY to Fort Gordon, Augusta Georgia and got drunk down town. I was merely sleeping on a bench and a couple Augusta cops beat my ass. Are you a Soldier? Yes! Blam, kick and punch. Are you 21? No, Two kicks and two punches etc....yup, the one and only time I got my ass kicked!

Enjoy Georgia...now, if you were at Fort Stewart or Benning, man, I could so hook you up with shooting buddies, 4-wheeling, fishing/hunting etc...as I was stationed between those two posts for the better part of 15 years.

Best of luck,

CL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast