Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NRA letter

(Delaware County)

Default NRA letter

recieved letter today asking to join life membership and they enclosed a check of $400. to goe towards it, so would need to pay $600 or easy pay.
    I don't have the 600 and feel thats a little high, and don't want the monthly plan either, wish the life membership fee was a little more afforable.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: NRA letter

I've seen life membership go for as low as $350 through some specials.

(York County)

I got that too, what a waste of money printing that check, and putting it in that special envelope.

You can get life memberships for $300. You need to get a life member to sign you up under the freinds and family plan. The NRA sends applications to life members but i'm sure any life member can log on or call and do it that way.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Lee-online View Post
    I got that too, what a waste of money printing that check, and putting it in that special envelope.

You can get life memberships for $300. You need to get a life member to sign you up under the freinds and family plan. The NRA sends applications to life members but i'm sure any life member can log on or call and do it that way.
    Did not know about that, hopefully a life member here would sponsor me and I will join for $300.

(Westmoreland County)

I just got an email from NRA. They are having a "Life Member" weekend at Cabela's September 15 & 16 for $750, free leather jacket. So $600 seems a little cheaper, minus the jacket.
    LUKE 11:21 == Proverbs 29:2 = Proverbs 25:28

(Delaware County)

I'm not sure the friends and family is still good, but they will have it again next year. If you search this forum there is a phone number you can call, if they say it is still good, I PM you my info to use.

Let me know!

Discounts are always available by attending the National NRA Convention also. If you buy tickets for an event, they add a few bucks and upgrade you. Look at the convention web site.

Even though I am a life member, I still give them 50 bucks a month. The giving should never stop.
    NRA Training Counselor, Chief Range Safety Officer, NRA Benefactor Member

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dannytheman View Post
    I'm not sure the friends and family is still good, but they will have it again next year. If you search this forum there is a phone number you can call, if they say it is still good, I PM you my info to use.

Let me know!

Discounts are always available by attending the National NRA Convention also. If you buy tickets for an event, they add a few bucks and upgrade you. Look at the convention web site.

Even though I am a life member, I still give them 50 bucks a month. The giving should never stop.
    Dan Thank you for helping me become a life member.
    For others to know when you call say a life member wants to give you a gift membership to become a life member for $300.
    Will need thier name and member number.

(Indiana County)

I'll start supporting the NRA again when they get it through their thick skulls that sending me envelopes stuffed with garbage twice a week less than a month after I paid for my yearly membership is nothing but an utter waste of their resources.

I'm telling you, the bulk of your yearly membership has to go toward postage, payroll and paper costs toward all that crap they deluge your mailbox with.

They are a joke when it comes to begging for money.

You want to send them $50 a month? Fine, but you should just be sending in cases of paper and envelopes.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by 39flathead View Post
    I'll start supporting the NRA again when they get it through their thick skulls that sending me envelopes stuffed with garbage twice a week less than a month after I paid for my yearly membership is nothing but an utter waste of their resources.

I'm telling you, the bulk of your yearly membership has to go toward postage, payroll and paper costs toward all that crap they deluge your mailbox with.

You want to send them $50 a month? Fine, but you should just be sending in cases of paper and envelopes.
    They make money on every mailing or they'd stop sending them. I throw the envelopes away when I'm not in a mood to give. It's a shame you annoy so easily.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by 39flathead View Post

You can always ask them to stop sending you solicitations. They will accept that request and it will lesson the mail. But people forget sometimes that there are various avenues of NRA. The ILA, the PVF, The Foundation are all separate financial entities under the umbrella of the NRA.

Here's is how the mailing get done in bulk. The division of NRA takes money donated, and places it in a fund, drawing 5% interest(Or whatever rate they can get with HUGE funds). That money site's there drawing 5% and the interest made is spent on mailings, None of your 25 bucks a year is touched. There are exceptions to this, this year the NRA has gone All In with a campaign. Money from the general fund was used.

So your arguments are invalid. None of your membership money is used directly, and you can stop the solicitation mail anytime.
    So my 50 bucks a month is used to help people get lawyers, it helps get people elected, and it assist in keeping the 2nd Amendment in front of of all elected officials. Money talks and bullshit walks. My Life membership is my commitment to the NRA to stay involved and be available to help when I can. I love getting the mail, as a reminder of my responsibility.
    NRA Training Counselor, Chief Range Safety Officer, NRA Benefactor Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast