Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default At Least 60 Car Windows Shot Out With BBs

http://www.nbc10.com/news/15514014/detail.html

New Castle County police said they are investigating a series of criminal mischief complaints that have occurred over a five-day span.County police have investigated approximately 60 reports of damaged car windows by individuals firing projectiles from a BB gun since Saturday.The reports have come from in the communities of Sycamore Gardens, Newkirk Estates, Windy Hills, Harmony Woods and Robscott Manor.
    The first 17 incidents were reported Saturday in Sycamore Gardens and Newkirk Estates. Police said that, in response to the complaints, a crime alert was posted for all officers to view, maps of the incidents were drawn up and additional officers were assigned to patrol the areas.On Tuesday, at least four car windows were reported damaged in Harmony Woods.And Thursday police received reports of approximately 40 damaged cars spread across all five of the communities between the hours of 1:30 and 4:00 a.m.Other incidents have also been reported in Newark, where a witness reported seeing a small, silver four-door vehicle with a loud muffler fleeing one scene.Anyone with information on these criminal mischief acts is asked to call the New Castle County Police Department at 395-8171, visit its Web site at www.nccpd.com or call Crimestoppers at 1-800-TIP-3333.

(Fulton County)

Default Re: At Least 60 Car Windows Shot Out With BBs

Dam terrorist

(Greene County)

This reminds me of when a buddy and I built a BB shotgun. we were about twelve and we took a BB gun barrel and mounted it parrallel to an old tire pump. The barrel was mounted in a block of wood to load the BB from the breech. Well we were trying it out in the back yard at a piece of plywood. and it worked well one pump and 5 or 6 BB came out. about 50-60' behind the plywood was my mom and dad's cars. We never thought that it would shoot that far. Days later they wondered why the cars had so many "stone chips" on the windshield. Luckily they did not have to change the windshields. USE A BACKSTOP WHEN SHOOTING!

(Chester County)

I was a victim of this kind of crime once. Only the punks used slingshots and heavy glass marbles. It's amazing how much damage can be done with marbles.
    Μολὼν λάβε

(Montgomery County)

I shot out a car window with a BB gun about twenty years ago. Just one that I can remember, not dozens like this. I'm a firm believer in "what comes around, goes around". Well, about ten years ago, someone threw a large stone (like 30-40 pounds) into the door of my car. It damaged the door and broke the window. Just neighborhood punks randomly vandalizing stuff. I've done other stupid things in my youth, but fortunately worked it out of my system by the time I was eighteen or so.

I still have that BB gun, and it still works great. Original seal on the pump. It's a Daisy. Ah, the memories.....