Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Philly/DELCO/Lower Bucks SHTF group

Quote Originally Posted by JasonK007 View Post
    We had a couple of meet ups last summer but hadn't met throughout the winter. I'm going to get the ball rolling again. We had started our own thread as to not clutter up this one. Although, my ultimate goal is to get various groups organized and have a way to communicate with each group in case of a real SHTF situation.

One of the first items we discussed was communication devices. 3 of the group members bought Walkie Talkies that are all now synced. If something were to happen, establishing communication is very important.

If the other groups get together, I'd highly recommend to hit this topic.
    That was also one of the first items we discussed as well & you're right, it's a very important topic
    Jesus is Lord !

(Delaware County)

I had posted months ago about trying to get meet up going, but having a 2 yr old has made that difficult but would be interested in attending. I have been looking into alternitive forms of communication. Looked into ham radios and such. Actually picked up a cb radio and a couple 14 mile handhelds. Trying to create a home base, but I lack the experience. If anyone can shoot me some tips, I can look into getting a more permanent set up. My old lady has got on board with being prepared for shtf senerios. So we are all out now. Home gardening, stocking up on ways to sustain rather than get by. Would like to meet up with like minded people. Most of our friends think we're nuts lol. She is a nurse and i've been a quality control engineer for years. Not nuts, just concerned, and self reliable.

Knowledge is power though, right?

Hey guys, for some reason I never saw this thread. I live in Feasterville but work in Philadelphia . I was born and raised in Northeast Philadelphia and moved out of the city about 6 years ago.

In all honestly I am only now getting into homesteading and prepping. But the best way to learn is to be a student. And it seems a lot of members here have experience.

Anyway, figured I'd jump into the thread and see where it goes.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    That was also one of the first items we discussed as well & you're right, it's a very important topic
    I would say get a HAM radio license, some equipment, LEARN TO USE IT, get to know other people around you on the repeater. The ARRL motto is when all else fails. We have emergency kits, generators, can build and rig electronics etc.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by resp View Post
    Hey guys, for some reason I never saw this thread. I live in Feasterville but work in Philadelphia . I was born and raised in Northeast Philadelphia and moved out of the city about 6 years ago.

In all honestly I am only now getting into homesteading and prepping. But the best way to learn is to be a student. And it seems a lot of members here have experience.

Anyway, figured I'd jump into the thread and see where it goes.
    Unfortunately the meetings that I was holding at my place died out in the early summer of 2013, we had a lot of people at the first meeting, around 20 if I remember correctly, down to 4-6 by the time it stopped
    Jesus is Lord !

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Unfortunately the meetings that I was holding at my place died out in the early summer of 2013, we had a lot of people at the first meeting, around 20 if I remember correctly, down to 4-6 by the time it stopped
    You probably shoulda changed your name to eaglefan.

(Philadelphia County)

This sounded really interesting, until I realized that this thread was from 2012.

Late to the party I guess.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    You probably shoulda changed your name to eaglefan.
    Never gonna happen, lol
    Jesus is Lord !

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011