Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: .32 acp for carry?

It's good to see that people still have some confidence in the .32 I use mostly Fiocchi 73gr FMJ in mine, but just bought a box of Corbon Pwrball 55gr ammo to see how it works.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by cluznar View Post
    I just purchased a Bersa Thunder .32 and once I put 150 rounds thru it I will carry it IWB.

I know the .32 is not a popular carry gun, but it was once used by the Police and Army in europe. It has low recoil so it is easy to get follow up shots off. Mine has ten round mags.

Anyone here carry a .32?
    I carried a 25 ACP for years. Shot placement is critical when you have any handgun. More so with the 25 ACP or 32 ACP.

I would strongly advise sticking with Full Metal Jacket rounds, practicing clearance drills and lots of range time.
    Last edited by GeneCC; October 27th, 2012 at 10:09 PM.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by American1776 View Post
    My own non-expert philosophy on pistol rounds is that pistol rounds in general lack real 'stopping power'. If 'stopping the action' is the top of the list in importance, than the tool should be a 12 gauge with 00 buckshot or slugs, a 30-06 rifle or .308 rifle.

We can't go around with long arms every second of the day, so we have to compromise with carrying a handgun. Further, most of us have to compromise with carrying a handgun small and light enough for comfortable concealed carry.

.32 acp, .380 acp, .38 spl., 9mm, .40 s&w, .45 acp, or .22 lr, they all serve a purpose in the role of handgun rounds that can be carried and used if needed to save a life.

Choose a gun that goes bang every time, train with it well, and don't worry too too much about caliber. (this philosophy changes if we're talking about 4 legged predators that might want to make us dinner--then, the philosophy must change)

Just my 2 cents
    Thank you!

A reading of Wound Ballistics literature claims that most handguns, especially concealable handguns, do not generate sufficient velocity or use sufficient projectile mass to cause large temporary cavities and required fragmentation to change these to permanent wounds.

Handgun incapacitation in most cases is caused by the permanent wound track that damages the central nervous system or causing cardiovascular collapse.

If you think you need "stopping power" fetch a shotgun or rifle or get out of the way.

(Lehigh County)

Dude some days I carry mY .22LR. Sure the bullets are small, but no one wants to be hit with one.

I saw a video online where a .32 acp with FMJ went thru 4 layers of denim and penetrated 14 inches into ballistic gel.

THAT is not bad at all. I keep my Bersa .32 loaded with FMJ.

Hokkmike Guest

I use a .32 magnum....

Some people criticize it. But (even considering a .22) I don't know anybody that would be willing to let me have the first shot.

Yours is good to go.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234