Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: .32 acp for carry?

Quote Originally Posted by Tmygun View Post
    Don't bring logic into the conversation and ruin a perfectly good caliber war.

Tmygun
    Ha! Logic AND personal experience. After shooting a lightweight 12 gauge with high brass, I got a feel for just how woefully 'less powerful' all the handguns I've fired before really are (even .44 magnum).

Plus, watch enough survelliance footage of bad guys being shot by LEO's and armed citizens with pistol calibers (up to .40 S&W and .45 acp), and most will admit that pistol rounds don't typically stop the action right away. They usually remain standing and ambulatory for quite some time.

Then, watch the History channel's footage of WW2, whereby enemy combatants get hit with a 30-06 round from the M1Garand. They almost always drop instantly like a sack of potatoes.
    Last edited by American1776; September 11th, 2012 at 05:50 AM.

Thats why I always carry this bad boy
    Repeal the 17th Amendment

(Lehigh County)

AAaaaarrrrggghhh! My eyes!

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by cluznar View Post
    I saw a video online where a guy fired a Kel-Tec .32 loaded with Buffalo Bore FN ammo.....it went thru 16, yes 16 layers of denim and penetrated 15 inches into balistic gel.

Buffalo Bore makes the only .32 + P ammo I know of. It's very spicy stuff. You have to be careful with it because it has a shorter OAL then fmj because it's flat nose, and can lead to rimlock.

It's great ammo though.

People seem to forget about .32 revolvers... H&R .32 Mag which will also shoot reg .32 and then there is the .327 Mag which will also shoot .32 longs.

I just bought some Corbon Pwrball .32 55gr ammo to try in my Bersa. I usually stick with Fiocchi FMJ. I haven't tried any Buffalo Bore yet, but do have some for my .380.

(York County)

American 1776 has stated his case with P.A.L.(Pure Ass Logic)., and I
    agree. It is where you hit the threat consistently, rather than the caliber.
    Training and competence is the key.
    FUNDAMENTALS

"All that is needed for Evil to Prevail is for Good Men to
    do Nothing"

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by cluznar View Post
    People seem to forget about .32 revolvers... H&R .32 Mag which will also shoot reg .32 and then there is the .327 Mag which will also shoot .32 longs.

I just bought some Corbon Pwrball .32 55gr ammo to try in my Bersa. I usually stick with Fiocchi FMJ. I haven't tried any Buffalo Bore yet, but do have some for my .380.

A .32 H&R Mag gun will shoot: .32S&W(short), .32S&W Long, and .32 H&R Mag.

A .327 Federal Mag gun will shoot: .32S&W(short), .32S&W Long, .32 H&R Mag, and .327 Fed. Mag.

Some of the .32H&R and .327Fed. can also shoot .32acp in a pinch. .32acp is semi-rimmed and sometimes has enough rim to headspace on in a revolver.

.32 Colt could possibly be shot in the .32H&R and .327Mag guns, but it is a smaller diameter bullet and cartridge. Doing so would likely result in dirty chambers from the brass not expanding enough/properly, bulged cases, or ruptured cases.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Bucks County)

Coming from NJ, carrying .22LR makes you realize you have a chance and anything is better than nothing. I have been contemplating a .32 and have read a while back a guy in SC was getting robbed and the robber asked for his wallet. He reached into his back pocket and pulled out his .32ACP and killed the robber.

Sometimes concealing in an unsuspected area of the body can work towards your advantage and getting to a smaller gun might bode well in this type of circumstance.

BTW, my wife carries a .22LR with Magnum rounds (1700 FPS). She feels comfortable with controlling the "recoil" along with the weight. She fires it very, very accurately. I guess it's all what you feel comfortable with and anything...anything is better than nothing, even if it buys you 20-30 seconds.

(Northampton County)

The Bersa 32 is a fine weapon at the range, home and on your person.

Ballistic tests have shown the FMJ round will penetrate nearly as deep as a 380...around 20" if I remember correctly.

I fired a Bersa 32 and a Bersa 380 into a dry phone book, with both loaded with FMJ ammo. Same depth of penetration.

The problem with the smaller barreled ones are poor penetration with hollow point ammo. Use the Corbon HP round and with the Bersa's barrel length you should easily get 10" maybe to the 12" expanded penetration.

The great thing about your Bersa is reduced recoil versus many other higher caliber guns and that makes for great rapid followup shot placement.

You got a great firearm as long as you prove it to function reliably.

Great forum for Bersa owners: http://www.bersachat.com/forums/forum.php
    Last edited by John-Pa; October 25th, 2012 at 04:25 PM.

(Franklin County)

my wife carrys a berretta tomcat. she prefers it over her 38
    In God We Trust............................

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast