Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lehigh County)

Default range report S&W 22a

I purchased a 22A enhanced version on a recommendation from the Handgunner in Topton. what a great target gun, 250 rounds , no ftf, no problems at all, sighted right in with open sights . We were shooting Federal 22LR. my 13 year old @ 15 yards all black all 9-10 ring . I was within a 3 inch group at 25 yards. For the price and the quality I would recommend this gun , I have not shot the stripped down version, but this enhanced version is a great gun.

(York County)

Default Re: range report S&W 22a

I have one also. It is a great gun. Mine has the polished slide (sides) adjustable rear and fiber optic front. It's a great gun however after about 250 to 300 rounds it started to ftf and fte. I contacted S&W and sent it off to them for repair. A few weeks later I got it back and it has been perfect since. I believe it was the extractor that was causing the issue (I don't remember for sure). I do know that the extractor would not grad the rim some of the time and would cause the slide to not go all of the way forward causing the firing pin to get light strikes. Either way they fixed it w/o any complaints.

I hope you don't have to go through what I had to. I just wanted to let you know (just in case).

Great gun
    Sid

(Pike County)

Lets see photos.

I really want to get a stock 22A for Christmas as they can be found for $200, unlike most other 22 pistols....

Plus I have a spare 5 MOA red dot I plan on adding in time, can't find a new 22 pistol with a rail at this price.

(Lehigh County)

Attached Images Attached Images

(Pike County)

Beautiful.

(Monroe County)

I'm in the market for one myself, i heard that they are very accurate pistols, the early ones have problems with cracking frames but i believe smith and wesson have since sorted that out.

Happy shooting.

(Lycoming County)

Mine works great ive got well over 2000 rounds through it and very few FTF/FTE problems as long as I stay away from that junk Remington ammo..as a matter of fact I gave away all the remington(rimfire) ammo I had and switched over exclusively to CCI for plinking and the Winchester for hunting.. Last time out with the CCI we ran through 1/2 a brick between 3 people and NOT A SINGLE Ftf FTE the whole day...thats pretty good for .22 ammo (we did have 2 full on duds that would not even fire in a .22 Revolver but this happens from time to time )

Was not a big fan of the stock guns open sights but id planned on putting a red dot on it anyways it has a bushnell Trophy red dot on it. Works great.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by CBennett; September 11th, 2012 at 09:22 AM.

(Delaware County)

I have the standard model, gray frame, about 7 years old now. It was not that accurate with the iron sights. Red Dot scope made the gun real accurate at 25 yds. Respectable at 50 yds. It is more accurate than my 2206, that also has red dot scope.
    By the way bennett, you are right about remington. The 2206 hates it. For someone who considered remington ammo. top quality, I am very disappointed.
    Last edited by c45man; September 11th, 2012 at 12:07 PM.