Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Forum Member and Moderator JayBell has passed away

Quote Originally Posted by doug View Post
    I didn't get to know Jay in real life, but I was fortunate enough to work with him on this project. I can say without a doubt that he was one of our very best.

Tough but fair, bull headed yet compassionate. Dedicated and dependable. An infinite wealth of firearm knowledge.

He will be impossible to replace.

RIP
    Good to see you post Doug. Jay and I had some friction a very long time ago, lol, and you're probably one of the only people still around that witnessed it. That was back before his moderator days, and he asked you to ban me. Man, I must have pissed him off, lol. Even at that, he and I respected each other for what we knew, and just kept our distance. He was fair, and very knowledgeable about many things. I agree he will be impossible to replace. Rest in Peace Jaybell. My prayers go out to your family, close friends, and loved ones.

I know Jay's family, and I will say the family's funeral for Jay would be an inappropriate time and place for open carry. This is not a PAFOA event, not a motorcycle-related event, not a political opportunity of any kind. This is parents losing their only child.

This is a terrible time for the friends and family who knew and loved him, and the funeral is a time for them to find comfort in familiar faces. I knew Jay for 15 years, he ate dinner at my house most Tuesdays for years, we shot together and watched movies together, he built and troubleshot my computers, he played with my dogs and I visited his dog Keisha. His parents know me. I will be at his funeral, somewhere in the back, quietly.

I would humbly suggest that if you can't pick Jay or his parents out of a photo lineup, then the most gracious way to show support and appreciation for all that Jay's life meant to the firearms community would be to send a nice card to the funeral home, or a donation to their church as they suggest. We can't accommodate 40,000 PAFOA members at a family funeral. Jay meant a lot to a lot of people, shooters and bikers and coworkers, people who he helped on Subguns and PAFOA.

I hope that you all take this in the spirit intended. There's no good side to Jay's death, it's just a question of minimizing the bad.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

RIP Jay, you will be missed.

JASON KEITH BELL, 43, OF GILBERTSVILLE Jason Keith Bell, 43, of Gilbertsville, passed away unexpectedly September 5, 2012. He was the beloved son of William A. and Mary L. (Freels) Bell of Lansdale. Born July 5, 1969 in Phoenixville, Jason attended Calvary Baptist School and North Penn High School, graduating with the class of 1987. He went on to attend both Liberty and Bob Jones Universities, where he studied Liberal Arts. He spent his career working as a troubleshooter and was employed by Unisys for over 13 years. Jason loved motorcycles and had always wanted to ride down to Florida to visit the Keys. He was an avid reader, hunter and computer geek. Jason also enjoyed growing his collection of exotic guns. In addition to his parents he is survived by his aunts and uncles, John Bell and his wife, Marjorie, of Mechanicsville, PA; Marjorie Brittingham of Hatfield, PA; Liz Allen and her husband, George, of Cloverport, KY; Archie Freels and his wife, Phyllis, of Rockport, IN, and James Freels and his wife, Nettie, of Owensboro, KY. He was preceded in death by his maternal grandparents, Herbert L., Sr. and Mary B. Freels; his paternal grandparents, William A. and Jennie Bell, and his uncles, Herbert L. Freels Jr. and Hugh Brittingham. Relatives and friends are invited to attend Jason's Memorial Service Tuesday, September 11, 2012 at 11 a.m. in Calvary Baptist Church, 1380 South Valley Forge Road, Lansdale, PA 19446, where the family will receive friends from 10 a.m. until the time of the service. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Jason's memory to Camp Calvary, c/o Calvary Baptist Church, address above. Arrangements are by Huff & Lakjer Funeral Home, Lansdale.

(Allegheny County)

I only know him via the forum.

Prayers for his family, RIP Jay.

(Erie County)

Condolences to Jason's family.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Allegheny County)

I used to instant message Jaybell late, late at night with technical questions regarding the forum features, moderating issues, problems with my computer, all sorts of techy stuff in general.

As is Jaybell, he would not fail to "insult" me for being such a moron with my questions. LOL
    I was never embarrassed to ask him questions though - he knew I was a tech-noob and while he enjoyed ribbing me about it, and would "roll his eyes" at my questions, he never failed to answer them thoroughly.

These question and answer sessions often led to further conversation about "things" in general. That was the time when I got to know him more as a person than as the moderator we are all familiar with.

I'll miss him poking fun at me.

Godspeed Jaybell.
    Prayers go out to those who now have a void in their lives as a result of your passing.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

This is some really sad news...I miss him already.

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I'll miss him poking fun at me.
    Last edited by P89; September 7th, 2012 at 07:29 PM.

(York County)

Unhappy Re: Forum Member and Moderator JayBell has passed away

GunLawyer001 - Very well put. RIP Jay - I hope they have good cigars up there.

EDR

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    I know Jay's family, and I will say the family's funeral for Jay would be an inappropriate time and place for open carry. This is not a PAFOA event, not a motorcycle-related event, not a political opportunity of any kind. This is parents losing their only child.

This is a terrible time for the friends and family who knew and loved him, and the funeral is a time for them to find comfort in familiar faces. I knew Jay for 15 years, he ate dinner at my house most Tuesdays for years, we shot together and watched movies together, he built and troubleshot my computers, he played with my dogs and I visited his dog Keisha. His parents know me. I will be at his funeral, somewhere in the back, quietly.

I would humbly suggest that if you can't pick Jay or his parents out of a photo lineup, then the most gracious way to show support and appreciation for all that Jay's life meant to the firearms community would be to send a nice card to the funeral home, or a donation to their church as they suggest. We can't accommodate 40,000 PAFOA members at a family funeral. Jay meant a lot to a lot of people, shooters and bikers and coworkers, people who he helped on Subguns and PAFOA.

I hope that you all take this in the spirit intended. There's no good side to Jay's death, it's just a question of minimizing the bad.

(Bucks County)

Condolences on the loss of your friend, Phil. Thanks for the very sensitive level-set. Like Jay, I'm an only child myself, and so have some idea of what Jay's parents are going through. He was far, far, too young for this to happen. I trust that you'll represent many of Jay's online colleagues by your presence. Again, thanks, and condolences.

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post

(Allegheny County)

This really is a sad day. I've always respected Jay and I don't presume to have known him like his real family and friends. But as somewhat of a fixture in the PAFOA framework, I've always aligned with the more direct / knowledgeable types like him. I wish the best for his friends and family. I'm sure it's not easy losing your only son.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast