Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default NYPD Shoots Man Fleeing Bodega Robbery

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/20...onx-bodega/?hp

"A 20-year-old man was shot and killed by the police early on Friday during a robbery of a bodega in the Bronx, the authorities said. It was not clear, the police said, if the man was involved in the robbery or a worker in the store.

But relatives of the man, who identified him as Reynaldo Cuevas, said he was a nephew of the owner of the bodega and had been working at the store for about three months."

I smell some administrative leave here.
    Yond Cassius has a lean and hungry look; He thinks too much, such men are dangerous

(Northampton County)

Default Re: NYPD Shoots Man Fleeing Bodega Robbery

“We believe it was an accidental discharge,” Mr. Browne said.
    Seems to me it was more of a negligent discharge. Even if the officers thought he had a weapon, and even given the circumstances, without the officers being threatened they have no grounds to shoot. If your gun comes out, you're responsible for it and any bullets that leave it. Also, if your going to stand that close to a door as people are running out of it, common sense says that you're probably going to have to go hands on opposed to shooting a threat...

Add to that the shooting where NYPD shot more bystanders than the suspect shot and it sounds like their training program needs a huge overhaul.

NY deserves NYPD.
    THANK GOODNESS, only properly trained "professionals" are allowed to carry AND fire arms in NYC.

What a bunch of ill-trained trigger happy elitist thug bozos.
    Hold the Line...

(Lancaster County)

Every time I have an oc encounter, be it positive or negative, I mention NYPD. It almost always gets the less than enthusiastic gun folks thinking. From the stand point of safety being a personal responsibility. NYPD Geezus

(Northampton County)

Its no longer stop and frisk, Its now shoot and frisk..

(Monroe County)

Not only are they a bunch of elitist thug bozos but they are also dangerous to be around, i know because i worked with their narcotics unit for 17 years.

I were once sitting in a little inspection room once and this detective asked to see my Gun, i showed it to him and he swept me twice with my own gun before handing it back to me, i had one officer that were assigned to me who tried to convince me that an M16 and an AR15 doesn't take the same round, he said that the M16 shoots a bigger caliber. I knew then they were idiots.

My former boss was a Homicide detective for 20 years and even he told me never to trust anybody in NYPD .

(Clarion County)

Quote Originally Posted by spacemanvic View Post
    NY deserves NYPD.
    THANK GOODNESS, only properly trained "professionals" are allowed to carry AND fire arms in NYC.

What a bunch of ill-trained trigger happy elitist thug bozos.
    OH , but they are there too "PROTECT and SERVE ! Wait , I need a minute............................................ ............... I almost puked when I said that!

Fact is , at random , I could pick ten people off this forum just by blind dumb
    luck and we would out shoot them painfully , I,ve no doubt and we are accountable while they are not so we are MUCH , MUCH BETTER in every aspect of a fire arm.

(Bucks County)

Police Commissioner Raymond W. Kelly said that an initial investigation shows that the shooting was the result of an accidental discharge and said that the collision between Mr. Cuevas and the officer who shot him had been captured by a surveillance camera.

Didn't NYPD invent that saying...

"Shoot first, ask questions later."?

Quote Originally Posted by BobFromBucks View Post
    Police Commissioner Raymond W. Kelly said that an initial investigation shows that the shooting was the result of an accidental discharge and said that the collision between Mr. Cuevas and the officer who shot him had been captured by a surveillance camera.
    Did the camera capture the firing pin magically striking the primer? Did it capture the gun pulling its own trigger? Don't put your finger inside the trigger housing and it won't shoot. Bad bad training, or bad bad discipline, or both.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast