Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Pike County)

Default Re: Any Good Gun Clubs or Ranges In Pike County

Yes we are (Matamoras rod and gun club) a share holder club. Yes there are associate members, But it is a short list(and a longer waiting list). We have a trap range, 100yd. 50yd, 25yd and are building a 200yd. Club is on just shy of 150 acres of land and slowly growing.

As far as shares go, they also have a waiting list as well. If someone offers to sell you a share, DONT just buy it. Just because you buy a piece of the pie, does not make you a MEMBER. The shareholders VOTE you in, its not just a walk in process.

there are a few events we have OPEN to the public. There is the cowboy action shoot, JR/SR. trap shoot and the CMP match. The action pistol is members and their guest only. This month is basically the end of the season, due to weather and hunting season. But ranges are open year round.

we are in the process of building a ADA compliant bathrooms. I think in the future you will see more events open to the public. But cant say for sure its a lengthy process.

Amstel78----Being you know R. Gallagher--your on the banned list instantly!!! Only kidding!

Snert.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by Snert View Post
    Amstel78----Being you know R. Gallagher--your on the banned list instantly!!! Only kidding!

Snert.
    Hi Snert! Truthfully, I don't know Robert that well. We actually met briefly at Mark's shop (Wallenpaupack Sport) and he gave me his card. I left him a voice mail earlier today hoping he'd have some time to go shooting. He's the one that told me about the club and invited me to go with him one day.

(Pike County)

Pike has no decent outdoor ranges. The Pocono Pistol Club is fine if a 50 foot indoor range restricted to pistol calibers fits your needs. I drive all the way down to Easton to find a decent range: Easton Fish and Game. I pay only once a year ($60/year), I can stay as long as I like if it's not crowded (Easy on a week day) and that fee covers a members pass so I can bring several folks with me. The best part is I don't have to pay any additional fees when I get there, just that once a year fee. It's a drive but worth it. The place is well maintained and the members I ran into are friendly.

Pike really needs a decent outdoor range that doesn't have elitist membership policies and/or doesn't try to break you financially.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12