Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Adams County)

Default Re: Ranges Near Hanover

yes -- 5 round limit.

But people going through 30rd mags is what destoryed the range
    I was shooting at in the State Park and closed it down.
    Not only did they shoot the place up, but somehow, they burned
    part of it down.
    NRA - LIFE / ENDOWMENT MEMBER
    LIFE MEMBER - VIETNAM VETERANS AMERICA
    U.S.NAVY SEAWOLVES - VIETNAM 69/70

(York County)

I always load my mags with around 10-15 at the range. 30 always felt like too much, but 5 seems like too little. 10 seems like a good number for my shooting.

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by tcc722 View Post
    I always load my mags with around 10-15 at the range. 30 always felt like too much, but 5 seems like too little. 10 seems like a good number for my shooting.
    I never load mags all the way either. 10 would be fine with me.
    NRA - LIFE / ENDOWMENT MEMBER
    LIFE MEMBER - VIETNAM VETERANS AMERICA
    U.S.NAVY SEAWOLVES - VIETNAM 69/70

(Adams County)

greensprings rod and gun club is the closest to hanover. they have a web site. they have a lot of shoots there go to one and tell them you want tobe a member. they are a nice bunch.

go out carlise st. about 2 mi. to green springs rd. on right.

(Adams County)

Adams County Sport Handgunners www.acsha.com

No capacity restrictions.
    Adams County Sport Handgunners Association - President

(York County)

I finally got around to going out to York Adams a few weeks ago, as someone already posted they did put up a 7 yd target stand. I was, however, disappointed to see that they posted a new rule about only firing 5 rounds at a time. I'm not sure if the rule is supposed to mean only 5 rounds in the mag, or only 5 rounds rapid fire before pausing.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by FCastle88 View Post
    I finally got around to going out to York Adams a few weeks ago, as someone already posted they did put up a 7 yd target stand. I was, however, disappointed to see that they posted a new rule about only firing 5 rounds at a time. I'm not sure if the rule is supposed to mean only 5 rounds in the mag, or only 5 rounds rapid fire before pausing.
    I don't understand the rule either. Given the problems that they have had I'm going to assume that they are talking about rapid fire. But I could be wrong. The rule is pretty vague.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by ycshooter View Post
    I don't understand the rule either. Given the problems that they have had I'm going to assume that they are talking about rapid fire. But I could be wrong. The rule is pretty vague.
    What problems were they having? I remember there being something in the newsletter about rounds hitting one of the buildings behind the range, and a claim that it was due to people rapid firing, shooting AR's, etc. Though unless I'm misunderstanding what the problem was, I don't see how merely rapid firing could cause someone to hit the buildings.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by FCastle88 View Post
    What problems were they having? I remember there being something in the newsletter about rounds hitting one of the buildings behind the range, and a claim that it was due to people rapid firing, shooting AR's, etc. Though unless I'm misunderstanding what the problem was, I don't see how merely rapid firing could cause someone to hit the buildings.
    That's what I was referring to. It's my understanding that rounds were getting over to the skeet houses and they associated it with people rapid firing. Now I don't really understand how the rounds could get over there unless someone was just completely lacking muzzle control.

I live close enough that I can usually hear whats going on over there, and right about that time there were several occasions that sounded like people were dumping 30rd mags in a short order maybe even bump firing. I don't know for sure though. My guess is that those who were doing that created a safety issue that needed to be addressed. We just can't have nice things.

Check out Jefferson Rifle Club. www.jeffersonrifleclub.com. Call the phone number on the web page and they'll set you up with a sponsor if needed. Pay $35 initiation, attend 3 club activities in 3 months to meet membership criteria and then just $20 per year. Nothing fancy, but serious, safe shooting. Clays, rifle range up to 200 yards, 25 yard pistol and indoor .22 range. We also have cowboy action shooting available if interested. Check the web page. It is located close to Jefferson Sportsmens Club.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast