Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OC for women?

(Erie County)

Default OC for women?

On another forum where I post, I've read the argument that women shouldn't OC because it's too easy to disarm us. Makes some sense to me.

I also heard the opposing argument that OC prevents anyone from touching you in the first place.

Opinions?

(Franklin County)

Default Re: OC for women?

That's easy! There is no "right" answer to this. There are plenty of women I wouldn't dream of accosting, even if they weren't armed, just as there are some men who I might be inclined to engage (hypothetically speaking, of course) even if I knew they were armed.

Situational awareness and how a person carries themselves are major factors, with or without a firearm.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

I'm not trying to post this over and over. But My Girl has hand to hand combat training from the army. She's like 110 pounds and one time I saw her grab a dude by the throat and take him down HARD in front of all his frends.

Personally I don't think i'd grab an oc chicks gun. But I'm sure there are people out there that think they could get away with it. Those people would probably end up crying and bleeding.

Poultney, VT(school) Norristown, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)

just watch yourself in crowds that would be were you have to worie the most, but that is also true for guys........................otherwise HOTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by p-11 shooter View Post
    I'm not trying to post this over and over. But My Girl has hand to hand combat training from the army. She's like 110 pounds and one time I saw her grab a dude by the throat and take him down HARD in front of all his frends.

Personally I don't think i'd grab an oc chicks gun. But I'm sure there are people out there that think they could get away with it. Those people would probably end up crying and bleeding.
    Heh, well most of us haven't had hand to hand combat training. I mean, my dad taught me how to kill and disable a man if I can get a shot in, he also taught me how to rebuild a carburetor. Both are equally as useful if someone's pointing a gun at me, I found that out the hard way.

Anyways, I'm leaning toward concealed for this chiquita.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    just watch yourself in crowds that would be were you have to worie the most, but that is also true for guys........................otherwise HOTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!
    Heh! Well it's not about being a hot chick, but I can understand that. That goes for guys too as far as I'm concerned

(Allegheny County)

I'll defer to Pa. Patriot on this one; I'm sure he'll post eventually. :-)

But it seems to me that training and situational awareness are much more important than differences in physical strength between men and women. If someone is in a position to disarm you of a holstered gun, it seems like he would also be able to prevent you from drawing concealed gun. I'd wager that most common criminals are opportunists and wouldn't risk getting shot when they can take an unarmed victim instead. And although burglars do seek out guns to steal, I doubt many criminals would look to steal one being worn on someone's person -- again, even the dumbest of them would realize that it's an unnecessary risk.

In the end, it's a personal decision. If you feel uncomfortable with OC, and you're carrying a firearm for personal safety (as opposed to, e.g., trying to raise political awareness, etc.), then CC might be the best option.

(Montgomery County)

moved from Q&A forum to the OC/CC forums.
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

(Fayette County)

I would say it depends on the woman. Just like I don't think all men should open carry; it's not just size but attitude, training, and ability.
    "Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive." - Elbert Hubbard

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by JayBell View Post
    moved from Q&A forum to the OC/CC forums.
    Sorry!

P.S. Your posting icon thingie looks rather vaginal. Not that there's anything wrong with that

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast