Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Pike County)

Default NRA PERSONAL PROTECTION OUTSIDE THE HOME

NRA PERSONAL PROTECTION OUTSIDE THE HOME TRAINING COURSE WILL BE HELD ON SUNDAY APRIL 6,13,20 AT THE MATAMORAS ROD AND GUN CLUB,
    THIS 14 HOUR NRA APPROVED PROGRAM WILL BE 7 HOURS ON THE 6,AND 13 THE 2Oth WILL BE ABOUT A 1 1/2 HOUR LESSON ON THE LEGAL ASPECTS OF CONCEALED CARRY AND SELF-DEFENSE,CONDUCTED BY AN ATTORNEY.

THE NRA BASICS OF PERSONAL PROTECTION OUTSIDE THE HOME COURSE IS AN INTERMEDIATE LEVEL SHOOTING COURSE ON HOW TO USE A FOREARM FOR SELF-DEFENSE,AND REQUIRES STUDENTS TO HAVE ALREADY MASTERED SAFE GUN HANDLING AND BASIC MARKSMANSHIP SKILLS PRIOR TO ATTENDING THE COURSE.

LESSON 1,INTRODUCTION TO CONCEALED CARRY SAFETY AND THE DEFENSIVE MINDSET

LESSON 2, INTRODUCTION TO SELF-DEFENSE AND CONCEALED CARRY

LESSON 3,LEGAL ASPECTS OF CONCEALED CARRY AND SELF-DEFENSE

LESSON 4,CARRY MODES AND CONCEALMENT

LESSON 5,PRESENTING THE HANDGUN FROM CONCEALMENT

LESSON 6,PRESENTATION,POSITION,AND MOVEMENT

LESSON 7,SPECIAL SHOOTING TECHNIQUES

LESSON 8,SPORT SHOOTING ACTIVITIES AND TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES

LESSON 9,COURSE REVIEW

PARTICIPANT EQUIPMENT REQUIRED
    HEARING PROTECTION
    SAFETY GLASSES
    HANDGUN
    HOLSTER(DESIGNED FOR THE HANDGUN BROUGHT TO THE CLASS)
    AMMUNITION (300 ROUNDS )
    SPEEDLOADERS OR MAGAZINES,AND SPEEDLOADER OR MAGAZINE POUCHES
    CONCEALED CARRY CLOTHING (JACKET,SPORT COAT,OR VEST)
    KNEE PADS
    HANDGUN OWNER'S MANUAL

TO PREREGISTER :
    CALL 570 296-2232 BILL OR 610 871-5377 GEORGE OR E-MAIL
    cfi1@optonline.net

Default Re: NRA PERSONAL PROTECTION OUTSIDE THE HOME

Could you tell us what State requirements, if any this course satisfies? Many of us are considering applying for non-resident CCWs that require training certificates. Do you issue such a certificate and what states accept it to comply with their training requirements?
    Lord, help me become the person my dog believes I am

(Pike County)

YES,CERTIFICATES ARE AWARDED TO PARTICIPANTS WHO SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETE THE COURSE,THIS IS ACCEPTABLE TRAINING DOCUMENTATION FOR A FLORIDA CONCEALED FIREARM LICENSE,FOR UTAH YOU WILL NEED TO GO TO A UTAH CERTIFIED INSTRUCTOR FOR THE TRAINING COURSE,DR SECURITY HAS A GOOD UTAH COURSE,516 241-8611,I HAVE A FOLDER WITH ALL MY TRAINING DOCUMENTATION FROM HUNTER SAFETY,NRA,TO PARTICIPATION IN SHOOTING COMPETITION,IT WILL HELP WITH ANY STATE TO HAVE ALL THE TRAINING DOCUMENTATION YOU CAN,

(Pike County)

So… Who’s going? Where are all the Pike guys who complain there are no local training courses?

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid-a-hand on.
    I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. - John Wayne - The Shootist

Many of the truths we cling to... depend greatly on our own point of view. - Obi-Wan Kenobi

(Pike County)

First day, 5 students – 2 instructors, coffee and donuts, lunch, a couple of hours of classroom and an hour or so of range time. It doesn’t get much better than that!

I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. - John Wayne - The Shootist

Many of the truths we cling to... depend greatly on our own point of view. - Obi-Wan Kenobi

(Pike County)

Man sounds good just bad timing. I would have only made it to todays class. Next 2 I will be out of the state. Kingcor, If you do another one I will be there, just dont plan it on the weekend of knob creek...

CharlieB, New addition is in!!! Might try to get out to the range monday mid day again..

Snert.

(Pike County)

James,

Good news on the new addition, Betsy told me about it the other day. I picked up a Beretta CX4, not quite as short, jus short enough.

What time are you planning to go to the range? I have 12:00 and 2:00 appointments, if you plan on going early I’ll go.

(Pike County)

Day two, 5 students – 2 instructors, coffee and donuts, lunch, five plus hours on the Range with live fire training. We learned the skills and attitudes necessary to safely carry and to defensively shoot a pistol and accurately shoot in a defensive situation. It doesn’t get much better than that!

(Pike County)

Day three, 5 students – 2 instructors, 1 lawyer, coffee and donuts, and lunch again! Bill and George are first-class instructors; I enjoyed their class and personalities. They presented the course material in an easily understandable and easy to remember style.

Afterwards, we were invited to shoot some Trap. It doesn’t get any better than that!

I’m sending my wife to their NRA Women On Target Pistol Shooting Clinic in July.

(Pike County)

Thumbs up Re: NRA PERSONAL PROTECTION OUTSIDE THE HOME

I took their Women on Target course in July and Bill and George are indeed very patient and competent instructors. Most of the women at the course were novices to handguns and their confidence dramatically improved over the course of the day. Although I have been shooting for years, I too found the course to be valuable especially with regard to the safety aspects and explaining exactly how all the components work together -- the things nobody ever bothers to tell us!

I will be taking their Personal Protection Outside the Home course when they offer it again. I didn't know about this last one.
    Last edited by BarbC; August 11th, 2008 at 10:37 AM.