Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Arrow For G23 Owners Only..

So this is for former or current G23 owners ONLY. I currently CC with an OWB Blackhawk. It's nice and has done me well for several years. I've never used another CC holster, whether IWB or OWB. I'm 6'4", 210 lbs. I tend to print quite a bit with this Blackhawk. I'm looking for a nice IWB to help with the printing issue. What is your personal favorite IWB in terms of ultimate concealment? My buddy who is a bit shorter, and thinner, carries a similar sized pistol (I forget what it is to be honest) IWB. He has 3: Uncle Mikes, Galco and Crossbreed. He prefers the Uncle Mikes. I never knew he carried or was into firearms until recently and he said he has been CC'ing every time we've gone to car shows and other events for years, so that's proof enough to me that a good IWB works. Thanks.

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: For G23 Owners Only..

i use a galco king tuk and many many many are going to say the crossbreed super tuck is the holster to have.

(Cumberland County)

He prefers Uncle Mike?

He's probably lying...

Get a Crossbreed.

Here's a pic of my Crossbreed Supertuck with a Glock 19, which is the exact same size the exact same size as your 23.

I'd post a bigger pic if I could find one...
    Last edited by rwb1500; August 27th, 2012 at 05:53 PM.

I like that holster. What do they run?

(Delaware County)

Crossbreed hands down. About $70 if i recall correctly.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=32148&dateline=128288  0834

(Luzerne County)

I alternate between the 27 and 23 depending on my mood.

Ill give another nod for the Crossbreed and its clones. I have a Galco King Tuk (one such clone) that works fantastic. I had to put some moleskin on the back to keep it from sliding around.

It is still quite possible to carry OWB and conceal you just need something that rides a little closer to your body than the Blackhawk. Ive been using a kydex holster from Spartan Village for the last 6 months and don't anticipate trying anything else in the near future. I only carry IWB now when I'm going to a formal event....or Philly.
    Let us hope for the best, but let us also prepare for the worst.

I started with a comp-tac CTAC and still use it. It works great but I've since been persuaded to the leather side of things and now have UBG holsters which I find to be WAY more comfortable.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ganglo Saxon View Post
    So this is for former or current G23 owners ONLY. I currently CC with an OWB Blackhawk. It's nice and has done me well for several years. I've never used another CC holster, whether IWB or OWB. I'm 6'4", 210 lbs. I tend to print quite a bit with this Blackhawk. I'm looking for a nice IWB to help with the printing issue. What is your personal favorite IWB in terms of ultimate concealment? My buddy who is a bit shorter, and thinner, carries a similar sized pistol (I forget what it is to be honest) IWB. He has 3: Uncle Mikes, Galco and Crossbreed. He prefers the Uncle Mikes. I never knew he carried or was into firearms until recently and he said he has been CC'ing every time we've gone to car shows and other events for years, so that's proof enough to me that a good IWB works. Thanks.
    I have a Glock 19, which is externally identical (ok, it's slightly lighter and it has different numbers marked on it), so despite your attempt to shoo away anyone without a G23 I'm going to pipe up and offer a vote for the Crossbreed Supertuck. I purchased one several months ago and have been quite happy with it.

I used to carry (rarely) with an OWB Fobus paddle holster. Switching to the Supertuck made me far more comfortable with CCing regularly.

Edit: should have read the thread more carefully, I see now that rwb1500 mentioned the similarity between the 19 and 23 when he posted his pic.
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

(Chester County)

I, like twency, carry a G19, although I do also have a G23, and I have a M-TAC holster, found here: http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=95

I find it really comfortable and I like the belt loop system they use, not to mention the ability to use the holster for different weapon systems by changing the kydex piece.

(Fayette County)

Go for the crossbreed super tuck for sure. I am also 6 ft 4 but I am 250 pounds, I carry my G23 in the summertime with shorts and tshirts/ polos all the time, allmost no printing. I have never had anyone notice, not even my own family and friends that have no idea I carry daily. Recently, I have been leaving the IWB at home and OC'ing with my Blackhawk SERPA. You should try it...

Anyways, it is super comfy. I wear a tank under my polo/ tshirt because my glock has the rough grip. Sometimes I forget I am even carrying due to the comfort. 3:3o position works best for me getting in and out of cars, bending to grab my daughter, etc...

Crossbreed may be pricey but if anything happens to it you can send it back to the company and they will repair it for free. They will also adjust the retention for you although there are instructions on how to do so at home included with the holster.
    Last edited by Glock_23; August 27th, 2012 at 09:31 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast