Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Centre County)

Default Rail mount light and night sight for my...Uglock?

I I have recently took that huge plunge in to the dark side, and bought Uglock.

While still maintains the opinion of it being guilty of ugry, and less then perfect ergonomics, I still will like to equipe it with enough accessory to make it usable defence weapon.

So I'm gonna look for a night sight, and light for it.

I have several guns that are equipped with dot type night sight - Mostly trijicon, and Meprolights, and they are all good.
    But since my Uglock is the first gun I've owned that TruGlo's TFO sights are available for, I'm thinking about trying it out.

Is there anyone out there with TFO who can give me a insight?

And wepon mounted lights - some time ago, I owned several S&W M&P's back when I was a sane person.
    I had it equipped it with TLR-2. Which was great unit, but was heavy, and were unable to find any holster that can accomdate weapon with light mounted.

So I'm looking for an input on them as well.

I prefer a light that does not go past muzzle(gets dirty fast), and one without laser.
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

Default Re: Rail mount light and night sight for my...Uglock?

Never had the TFO sights but have read a lot of negative about the sights breaking and bad customer service from the company on other sites. Plus they are too big and bulky for me to consider. I like nice low and compact sights.

I have Ameriglo sights on my Glocks. Great company with a location in PA and great sights. They use Trijicon lamps. May want to take a look at what they have to offer.

http://www.ameriglo.net/catalog/sigh...l-sights/glock

I don't have experience with lights but I plan to pick up a TLR-1 soon. Several manufacturers make holsters for that light also.

(Cumberland County)

I have had a set of TFOs and they were fantastic. Never broke, never snagged on anything, never an issue.

They were also stupid bright, in any light. You should try them.

As far as a weapon light goes? The Surefire x300. They aren't cheap, but it's because they are some of the best lights around.
    Last edited by rwb1500; August 27th, 2012 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mity2 View Post
    I I have recently took that huge plunge in to the dark side, and bought Uglock.

While still maintains the opinion of it being guilty of ugry, and less then perfect ergonomics, I still will like to equipe it with enough accessory to make it usable defence weapon.

So I'm gonna look for a night sight, and light for it.

I have several guns that are equipped with dot type night sight - Mostly trijicon, and Meprolights, and they are all good.
    But since my Uglock is the first gun I've owned that TruGlo's TFO sights are available for, I'm thinking about trying it out.

Is there anyone out there with TFO who can give me a insight?

And wepon mounted lights - some time ago, I owned several S&W M&P's back when I was a sane person.
    I had it equipped it with TLR-2. Which was great unit, but was heavy, and were unable to find any holster that can accomdate weapon with light mounted.

So I'm looking for an input on them as well.

I prefer a light that does not go past muzzle(gets dirty fast), and one without laser.
    PM Vigilance about getting some custom kydex made once you pick your WML. Examples of his work can be found here- http://forum.pafoa.org/gun-pictures-...-projects.html

(Northampton County)

I second rwb1500 I also have the truglo fiberoptic night sights on my glock 23 fantastic sights day or night period. I have other brands on other pistols Novak Champion , Metro etc I prefer the tru glo never had an issue on them and they are just great daytime sights as well.
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

(Philadelphia County)

I have the Tru Glo TFO night sights on my glock 19. I can see my sights perfectly clear during the day or night. You will not be disappointed with them. My glock 30sf is my night stand gun, and I keep a tlr-1 mounted on it. The light is perfect and I have used my g30sf w/ tlr-1 multiple times in the middle of the night whenever I hear any loud noises. If you want a holster then check out http://www.phlster.com/. They are made in the city of brotherly love.

Also check out www.blade-tech.com

(Luzerne County)

I never really understood. A light on a firearm is a really nice thing after the dogs tree the raccoon, works really nice. But if i were the bad guy,a verry verry bad guy, doing bad things and a bright light shines on me I will shoot back towards the light, with lots of bullets. Then, maybe a light on a firearm is not such a good idea. Them big companys sell lots of lights to put on lots of firearms. Maybe that makes the really, really bad people really, really happy, because it give them something to shoot at.

Quote Originally Posted by mongo View Post
    I never really understood. A light on a firearm is a really nice thing after the dogs tree the raccoon, works really nice. But if i were the bad guy,a verry verry bad guy, doing bad things and a bright light shines on me I will shoot back towards the light, with lots of bullets. Then, maybe a light on a firearm is not such a good idea. Them big companys sell lots of lights to put on lots of firearms. Maybe that makes the really, really bad people really, really happy, because it give them something to shoot at.
    There is some merit to this and, another reason why flash hiders are better than brakes.

Its a trade off though and nice to be able to ID your target instead of shooting your wife who got up to take a piss

I can't see shat in the dark. With close quarters like you would see with a handgun a light can be a good idea IMO. When I go upstate camping I figure a light on the ole Glock just may come in handy. Just because you have a light does not mean you have to turn it on.

Richland Township (Bucks County) PA, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    I can't see shat in the dark. With close quarters like you would see with a handgun a light can be a good idea IMO. When I go upstate camping I figure a light on the ole Glock just may come in handy. Just because you have a light does not mean you have to turn it on.
    I'm with you.

Dust cover mounted weapon lights are advantageous to the shooter in that if your target is illuminated, generally speaking a fire will score a hit.

I hear some of the older, more experienced guys at
    my work disagree strongly with my point of view. Like some said here, it paints you a target - and with a Maglite from 40 years ago I'll let the argument hold minor water.

But who's using dinosaurs as tactical flashlights? (oh god, should I have asked that?) any high lumen modern light putting out several hundred or more lumens could buy you that split second to take the shot.

I have some POS Olight M20 Warrior - its inexpensive but I don't leave home without it. My HD pistol and rifle wear TLR-1s they're all worth every Ive paid.

Thanks for bearing with me, posted from my iPhone!
    "More is lost through indecision than wrong decision"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast