Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Susquehanna County)

Default Philly daycare kids escape injury from stray gunshot

http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/p.../80304012/1006

Philly daycare kids escape injury from stray gunshot
    Associated Press

Posted Tuesday, March 4, 2008 at 8:08 am
    PHILADELPHIA – Sometimes it pays to sleep a little longer.

Officials at a Philadelphia daycare say eight children were snoozing on the floor during an extended nap time when a bullet sailed through a window and over their heads on Monday.

Police say the gunfire came from two men who opened fire on another man on Calvert Street about 2 p.m. One shot went through a window at Your Child's World Daycare on North Second Street. Another stray bullet entered a home on Calvert Street, striking a woman in the hand.

The woman, Linda Tep, was treated and released from a hospital.

A total of 36 children were inside the daycare at the time of the shooting.

Philadelphia police are searching for the two gunmen.

The daycare is expected to reopen on Tuesday

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Philly daycare kids escape injury from stray gunshot

Thank God the children weren't in immediate danger, but the whole thing probably could have been avoided if criminals were punished properly and citizens didn't have to go through such a hassle to carry firearms.

(Susquehanna County)

The Mayor and the Govenor will be using this for a gun control push any bets

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by DCChris View Post
    Thank God the children weren't in immediate danger, but the whole thing probably could have been avoided if criminals were punished properly and citizens didn't have to go through such a hassle to carry firearms.
    Who's to say a legally armed citizen wouldn't sail a bullet through the day care or any other business/innocent bystanders while getting involved in that mess?
    “IF THE DEVIL COACHES NAVY ORDNANCE, THEN HELL IS THE ORDIES HOMEFIELD”

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by XUSNORDY View Post
    Who's to say a legally armed citizen wouldn't sail a bullet through the day care or any other business/innocent bystanders while getting involved in that mess?
    Who's to say if some rookie cops were on the scene the same thing might have happened? Who's to say every cop in the nation won't flip out and kill as many people as they have ammo for? (I use cops as the example only because even the press seems to be OK with cops carrying guns). Now how about what if . . . . Playing "what if" is part of what leads to the mess we presently face in lost liberty and privacy (in many more spheres beyond gun control).

If there were more armed citizens, there may well be less thug initiated sidewalk shootouts. Hard to say as it's hard to get more honest citizens to train and carry.

If there were less thug initiated sidewalk shootouts, the odds of a bullet sailing through a daycare window decrease -- that's a "what if" I can be confident is true.

(Susquehanna County)

The headline makes me think the BG has tommy guns or AK,M16's boy I wonder how many bullets they pulled out of the walls. In the OP I though it was one bullet. No wonder people want guns off the street. If I look at that headline (only) I'd want them off the streets as well.

http://www.nbc10.com/news/15498268/d...s=phi&psp=news

Day Care Sprayed With Bullets Reopens
    POSTED: 6:51 am EST March 5, 2008
    UPDATED: 7:13 am EST March 5, 2008

A Philadelphia day care center hit by a stray bullet on Monday will reopen Wednesday.

The caregivers and parents of children at Your Child's World Learning Center who escaped injury at the time of the incident said they are moving forward and calling for peace.

Community concern was apparent during a Tuesday night meeting in the Olney section of Philadelphia.

View Images

No one inside the day care suffered injuries, but a woman brushing her hair inside a nearby home was struck in the hand as gunfire sprayed through the neighborhood.

"I'm thankful that my daughter's OK," one parent said. "They said glass was all over her, and I'm happy she's safe. I was worried, but they did a good job, you know, I commend the day care."

Parents of day care students are calling on Mayor Michael Nutter, civic leaders and the community to participate in a March 17 "Circle of Prayer" march at 5 p.m.

"OK, we have to let them know we're going to stand strong, and we are going to take control," another said.

Previous Stories:
    March 4, 2008: Witnesses Won't Come Forward Following Shooting Near Day Care
    March 4, 2008: Shooting Sends Stray Bullets Into Day Care, Homes

(Montgomery County)

Sprayed with bullets..... Even idiots can tell the difference between the headline and the first line of the story, so I'm not understanding why the jerks at NBC feel the need to lie.