Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Fulton County)

Default Ex-Army ranger found with firearms cache in Philly

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/local...rms_cache.html

A former Army ranger has been arrested after a cache of firearms, explosive devices, bogus identification cards, and badges was discovered in his Brewerytown home, Philadelphia police said yesterday.

Andre Brown, 39, was charged with aggravated assault and other offenses after police were called to his home in the 3000 block of Oxford Street shortly after 4 p.m. Sunday by a woman who alleged that Brown, her boyfriend, had pointed a shotgun at her head, police said.

Officers Anthony Ricci and William Forbes of the 23d District entered the house to help the woman remove clothing and discovered six firearms, explosive devices that appeared to be military detonators, and a collection of photo IDs, police said.

Brown allegedly fired a gun at the woman last week and did not report the incident to police, said Capt. Daniel Castro. Police found evidence of the fired shot in the house.

Police also found several gun silencers, a bullet-proof vest, an ID card machine, and IDs for the military, press and college with his photo and different names, Castro said.

Brown also had a U.S. marshal's badge, a U.S. General Services Administration ID, a bounty hunter ID, a Homeland Security jacket, and "a cookbook for making bombs," Castro said.

Brown also possessed an antidote for nerve gas, Castro said.

The department's bomb squad recovered the explosive devices, and the FBI and the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives were called in to investigate.

"If he had an opportunity to start a war, he certainly could have had one," Castro said.

A check of Philadelphia court records indicated Brown has no criminal background.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Ex-Army ranger found with firearms cache in Philly

Quote Originally Posted by fultonCoShooter View Post
    http://www.philly.com/inquirer/local...rms_cache.html

A former Army ranger has been arrested after a cache of firearms, explosive devices, bogus identification cards, and badges was discovered in his Brewerytown home, Philadelphia police said yesterday.

Andre Brown, 39, was charged with aggravated assault and other offenses after police were called to his home in the 3000 block of Oxford Street shortly after 4 p.m. Sunday by a woman who alleged that Brown, her boyfriend, had pointed a shotgun at her head, police said.

Officers Anthony Ricci and William Forbes of the 23d District entered the house to help the woman remove clothing and discovered six firearms, explosive devices that appeared to be military detonators, and a collection of photo IDs, police said.

Brown allegedly fired a gun at the woman last week and did not report the incident to police, said Capt. Daniel Castro. Police found evidence of the fired shot in the house.

Police also found several gun silencers, a bullet-proof vest, an ID card machine, and IDs for the military, press and college with his photo and different names, Castro said.

Brown also had a U.S. marshal's badge, a U.S. General Services Administration ID, a bounty hunter ID, a Homeland Security jacket, and "a cookbook for making bombs," Castro said.

Brown also possessed an antidote for nerve gas, Castro said.

The department's bomb squad recovered the explosive devices, and the FBI and the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives were called in to investigate.

"If he had an opportunity to start a war, he certainly could have had one," Castro said.

A check of Philadelphia court records indicated Brown has no criminal background.
    I am the ranger in this story. This case has been expunged and all the charges was droped by the DA. training aids was the explosive devices, and 6 guns was the only guns i had. I was a bail enforcement agent and that was why i had what i had.

(York County)

So, what was the following all about:
    "Brown allegedly fired a gun at the woman last week and did not report the incident to police, said Capt. Daniel Castro. Police found evidence of the fired shot in the house."

Presuming it was all distorted.....

This kind of sensational reporting based on police delusions should remind us all of the INAPPROPRIATE POWER that both the POLICE and the MEDIA wield over the citizenry...

When proven that THEY ARE WRONG, they should be FORCED to make a very public APOLOGY and cover the cost of clearing one's name...

We have another such case in State College based on this same type of police delusion and judicial collusion....

ID

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Andre Brown View Post
    I am the ranger in this story. This case has been expunged and all the charges was droped by the DA. training aids was the explosive devices, and 6 guns was the only guns i had. I was a bail enforcement agent and that was why i had what i had.
    Thats a fairly old post you responded to. Do you have a link to any more current article stating the outcome?
    ~De-Animating the undead since '08~

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by ImminentDanger View Post

When proven that THEY ARE WRONG, they should be FORCED to make a very public APOLOGY and cover the cost of clearing one's name...
    In theory this is what should happen...in reality it will be sweept under the rug.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre Brown View Post
    Glad things got cleared up for you. If 6 guns is a cache, I must have an arsenal? The only thing in the story that sounded bad to me were the explosive devices, and if they were training aids... The rest of it is just what people into guns tend to have. While "cookbook for making bombs" sounds bad, a book is not a crime.

Quote Originally Posted by electronics View Post
    Glad things got cleared up for you. If 6 guns is a cache, I must have an arsenal? The only thing in the story that sounded bad to me were the explosive devices, and if they were training aids... The rest of it is just what people into guns tend to have. While "cookbook for making bombs" sounds bad, a book is not a crime.
    Yeah seriously. I read that as "only six? That's not even average."

Sup with the fired shot in the house and pointing a gun at someone's head?

(Montgomery County)

People make up bullshit stories like that all of the time. If the charges were dropped on the case then it's probably because there was no evidence he ever pointed a gun at or shot at anyone. It'ws very easy for someone to make up a story like that... especially when theyre in the process of "moving out" with police assistance. :/

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by dunsho View Post
    Sup with the fired shot in the house and pointing a gun at someone's head?
    "Sup"?

Dear God.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast