Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Mossberg PistolGrip forend

Ive got a mossberg 500 persuader set up and have been looking to put a pistol grip forend on it. I bought an ATI pistogrip forend and a new action assembly to throw on- and it works, but its sloppy. The new setup dosnt account for the the barrel tapering down as the stock forend does-and hence the forend wiggles alot-which means a less solid grip, and not a smooth racking of the action. In time with use im sure it will eventually bent the guide rods on the action assembly and it looks cheap. I wanna go the route of a tactical mossberg forend with a picatinny rail so i can throw a seperate pistolgrip forend on it. Im however reluctant to put money into another forend until i know its gonna be a better fit. If anyones familiar with any of the 500 tactical forends out there and can recommend a quality one id appreciate it. I have both a spare 6 and 7 inch action assembly so either size is ok. Thanks

(Beaver County)

Default Re: Mossberg PistolGrip forend

Mako/FAB Defense makes a really good tri rail polymer forend. Some Mossbergs actually come from the factory with them now. I've handled a few of them, they look good and the bottom rail is very smooth so you don't need a rail cover to handle it. The side rails are removable too if you don't need one or both of them. The most important part, they feel really solid. They're in the $50 range so they aren't cheap but you're getting a quality part.

http://www.amazon.com/Mako-Mossberg-...ako+500+forend