Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Beaver County)

Thumbs up OC in the Pittsburgh area

I'm not sure how many OCers there are out there here in my area, but for those of you who are curious about OC in the Pittsburgh area between the city all the way up to the Chippewa area, I OC all day, everyday around here and have yet to have an issue short of my little experience with the state trooper from my previous post. I've carried in pretty much every store in Robinson, Beaver Valley mall and most stores and restaraunts in the Beaver area. If you're curious about OC in these areas or have questions or are just looking for someone else to OC with, feel free to message me. Sadly enough, for all the time I've OCed over the past several months, I have only ever seen one other OCer and he just so happens to be the one who got me into it in the first place. I look forward to hearing from you guys and girls.

(Mercer County)

Default Re: OC in the Pittsburgh area

Clearly you haven't had the pleasure of meeting Officers Michael Kyrk #135 and Gaszeroski #3829. They were part of a fun group of about ten or so happy go lucky people I got to talk to one warm spring day.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by sprrdhawk44 View Post
    Clearly you haven't had the pleasure of meeting Officers Michael Kyrk #135 and Gaszeroski #3829. They were part of a fun group of about ten or so happy go lucky people I got to talk to one warm spring day.
    You're right. I haven't had the pleasure. Care to fill me in?

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by flyingjunkie View Post
    You're right. I haven't had the pleasure. Care to fill me in?

Good times.

(Beaver County)

I'm glad that they showed some sense and, after a few words back and forth, did the right thing and let you guys go. One question, tho. Who was the woman in the background that kept yelling "Have respect for the police! When they ask you for ID, you have to show them your ID!"? Just another ignorant person who thinks that they're a law expert. As I've said in a previous post, most people don't realize it, but we OCers, FOR THE MOST PART, are EXTREMELY well versed in the laws of our practice. Most of us, from what I read here in the forums, spend countless hours researching and understanding the laws to make sure that everything that we in do and every interaction we make while carrying is completely within the scope of the law. If only more people knew that and understood that, I don't think we would have even HALF of the confrontations I've heard and read about. And I make that point without regard of whether or not they agree with or are comfortable with our practice.

(Mercer County)

I'm glad that they showed some sense and, after a few words back and forth, did the right thing and let you guys go. One question, tho. Who was the woman in the background that kept yelling "Have respect for the police! When they ask you for ID, you have to show them your ID!"? Just another ignorant person who thinks that they're a law expert. As I've said in a previous post, most people don't realize it, but we OCers, FOR THE MOST PART, are EXTREMELY well versed in the laws of our practice. Most of us, from what I read here in the forums, spend countless hours researching and understanding the laws to make sure that everything that we in do and every interaction we make while carrying is completely within the scope of the law. If only more people knew that and understood that, I don't think we would have even HALF of the confrontations I've heard and read about. And I make that point without regard of whether or not they agree with or are comfortable with our practice.
    The woman yodeling about respecting their ah-thor-eh-tay was Officer Gaszeroski. She was a sweetheart.

(Venango County)

Sounds like we could set up an open carry gathering in the park and go from there, maybe a walk down throught the heart of pittsburgh and the golden triangle. Just a good old friendly meet greet and have a good time day?

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by allen16323 View Post
    Sounds like we could set up an open carry gathering in the park and go from there, maybe a walk down throught the heart of pittsburgh and the golden triangle. Just a good old friendly meet greet and have a good time day?
    http://forum.pafoa.org/allegheny-27/...eet-greet.html

This would be the place to attempt to get another one going. I'll shoot Bonnie a message tomorrow if she doesn't see this.

(Beaver County)

I'm game. Just say when and where.

(Butler County)

I'm game. Just say when and where.
    agreed. as long as its a Sunday its my only day off lol
    PETA - People Eating Tasty Animals

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast