Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Requesting Charles Daly shotgun info

Hello PAOFA members,

I was searching for info on a Charles Daly shotgun when I found this Forum and decided to “try my luck” here.

I have 3 or 4 guns but no longer hunt. A person has been bugging me to give him a “price” for my Daly but I have no idea what its worth is …… so I would appreciate it if someone could give me a suggested, …. ballpark … or hi-low “asking price” to put on it.

shotgun stats:

Charles Daly O/U
    20 GA – 3”, … w/matched barrels – full/modified & skeet/skeet.
    Serial # 356708
    B.C. Miroku
    Miroku Firearms, Kochi, Japan

I purchased this gun “new in the box” about 1964 from a Dealer near Doylestown, Pa. It is still in “fine” shape considering all the places it has been. Original finish but with a few dingnesses and creases in the stock and forearm.

Thanks much, Sam C

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: Requesting Charles Daly shotgun info

Give me until tonite.. I might be able to find something for ya - at work presently.

If you have pics, please post them if you can.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

knight0344, thanks for the response.

I forgot to mention that the full & modified barrels are 28”, .... and the
    skeet & skeet barrels are 26”

And here are 3 pictures taken with my new camera, iffen I can get them uploaded.

Thanks, Sam
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Bedford County)

Your Daly was made in the same plant in Japan as the famous Winchester model 101 O/U's and the Browning O/U's of today....in fact... your Daly is pretty much a older version of the Browning Citori.

Miroku makes guns with their name on them, and they also make the Browning Shotguns. Known for quality guns with the names Miroku, Browning and Winchester.

It's hard to tell from the pics what kind of shape its in. I will say that I have seen much nicer single barrel guns go for $1,300-$1,400 recently. Being a two barrel set would make it worth more. I woulnt be afraid to ask $1,000 ballpark and be willing to talk about it. The value of these guns are really what the buyer is willing to pay. I have seen some go high...and some not do so well. If you bought this gun new in 1964, you might have an idea of what you paid for it. Was it around $800 - $1000 ? Money in the bank.

Very good guns were the Daly Miroku

(Berks County)

I have a Daly/Miroku o/u in 12ga.

Don't sell it, go shoot skeet or something, I love this gun, it's an absolute pleasure to shoot.

(Beaver County)

miroko daly's are a entirely different ball game than other daly's. As pointed out above, they are from the same factory that makes browning's. This looks like an old citori, or a knockoff on a superposed. I wouldn't be too hasty on selling cheap. A good bet is to go to Gander mountain or cabelas, then add about 35% to what they tell you. That's what it is roughly worth given the stars align, and buyers are plentiful. From there it's up to you.

Thanks everyone, I appreciate your help and advice. I knew my Daly was worth a bunch but didn’t know the “going rate” was that much. A few people have asked me about how much it was worth and I would give them a guess of $700 to $900 and they would just laugh at me.

And “right on” zzeiber, …… I love my Daly, .... it is the finest shotgun I have ever owned. As a matter of fact I never considered buying another one after I got it. Which was when I was living near Doylestown, Pa., north of Philly and got into hunting Ring Necks and Morning Doves. At the time I had a side-by 12GA and the first time I went Dove hunting I believe I shot 2 ½ boxes of shells, ….. dropped 2 Starlings and a Grackle (with 3 shots) that went flying by ……… but never ruffled a feather on a Dove. I only shot at the Starlings and Grackle because I thought something was wrong with my gun or the shells. …… HA, …. I had no idea those suckers flew “zig zaggy” at over 50 mph.

And that was what prompted me to start going to a Trap Range on Sunday mornings. My “bird” hits improved but not much …… and that was when the proprietor said ….. “I’ve got just the gun for you.” And boy was he right, …. it wasn’t long before I was “bustin” 18 to 20+ “birds” out of 24 on a good day. And those 12GA shooters couldn’t figure out how I was doing it.

But now my “trophy” shot I will always remember was the day I got a “double” when 2 Ruffled Grouse flushed right in front of my brother and me as we walked side-by-side across a field. One went to the right, one went to the left. My Daly came up and “barked” once dropping the one headed to my right, ….. I took a step forward, ….. it “barked” again dropping the 2nd one. It all happened so fast that both birds were on the ground and my brother was still holding his shotgun in the crotch of his elbow.

AAAAAHHHHH, the memories. But those days and times are gone forever, rheumatoid arthritis has taken its toll and my shooting/hunting days are forever no more.

So “yes”, I would like to sell my Daly, …… but I would like to sell it to someone who would appreciate and care for it as I have all these past years. Preferably not to a “collector” but someone who will actually use it and enjoy using it. It is mechanically sound as the day I purchased it and should be good for another 20 – 40 years of use.

And ps, “no”, BUCKMARK. I didn’t pay anything close to that for it. The dealer/owner of that Sports Shop -Trap Range liked my brother and me, primarily because my brother built and gave him a chronograph for measuring “re-loaded” bullet speeds. A unique “thingy” for a Dealer to have back in 64’. He sold me the Daly at what he paid for it.

Again, thanks much and I hope those couple of “memories” were entertaining.

Sam C

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by samcogar View Post
    Thanks everyone, I appreciate your help and advice. I knew my Daly was worth a bunch but didn’t know the “going rate” was that much. A few people have asked me about how much it was worth and I would give them a guess of $700 to $900 and they would just laugh at me.

And “right on” zzeiber, …… I love my Daly, .... it is the finest shotgun I have ever owned. As a matter of fact I never considered buying another one after I got it. Which was when I was living near Doylestown, Pa., north of Philly and got into hunting Ring Necks and Morning Doves. At the time I had a side-by 12GA and the first time I went Dove hunting I believe I shot 2 ½ boxes of shells, ….. dropped 2 Starlings and a Grackle (with 3 shots) that went flying by ……… but never ruffled a feather on a Dove. I only shot at the Starlings and Grackle because I thought something was wrong with my gun or the shells. …… HA, …. I had no idea those suckers flew “zig zaggy” at over 50 mph.

And that was what prompted me to start going to a Trap Range on Sunday mornings. My “bird” hits improved but not much …… and that was when the proprietor said ….. “I’ve got just the gun for you.” And boy was he right, …. it wasn’t long before I was “bustin” 18 to 20+ “birds” out of 24 on a good day. And those 12GA shooters couldn’t figure out how I was doing it.

But now my “trophy” shot I will always remember was the day I got a “double” when 2 Ruffled Grouse flushed right in front of my brother and me as we walked side-by-side across a field. One went to the right, one went to the left. My Daly came up and “barked” once dropping the one headed to my right, ….. I took a step forward, ….. it “barked” again dropping the 2nd one. It all happened so fast that both birds were on the ground and my brother was still holding his shotgun in the crotch of his elbow.

AAAAAHHHHH, the memories. But those days and times are gone forever, rheumatoid arthritis has taken its toll and my shooting/hunting days are forever no more.

So “yes”, I would like to sell my Daly, …… but I would like to sell it to someone who would appreciate and care for it as I have all these past years. Preferably not to a “collector” but someone who will actually use it and enjoy using it. It is mechanically sound as the day I purchased it and should be good for another 20 – 40 years of use.

And ps, “no”, BUCKMARK. I didn’t pay anything close to that for it. The dealer/owner of that Sports Shop -Trap Range liked my brother and me, primarily because my brother built and gave him a chronograph for measuring “re-loaded” bullet speeds. A unique “thingy” for a Dealer to have back in 64’. He sold me the Daly at what he paid for it.

Again, thanks much and I hope those couple of “memories” were entertaining.

Sam C
    VF gunshow is comin up...see what it goes for there

If the price is right... I may be interested, as My dad wants to get back in to the sport... would make a lovely Fathers day gift for him.

PM me...

Quote Originally Posted by marinakorp View Post
    VF gunshow is comin up...see what it goes for there

If the price is right... I may be interested, as My dad wants to get back in to the sport... would make a lovely Fathers day gift for him.

PM me...
    mk, if that VF stands for Valley Forge gunshow, which I believe I seen an Ad for said on here, ......... don't expect me to see what one goes for there. I live in central West Virginia and ain't into travelling.

As recommended I did check the Cabelas' web site and found 1 listing marked "Sold" for a Superior Grade 12GA O/U same model, year, etc as my 20GA but no "matched" skeet n' skeet barrels. The "Sold" price was $1,200 something. The Cabela Ref # was 858802 if you want to check it out.

ps: I was in King of Prussia once, bought myself a set of SS tableware at that big shopping mall. At the time I was working at UNIVAC in Bluebell, just out of Norristown.

(Montgomery County)

I will be in WVa in June, over fathers day...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast