Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MD

(Chester County)

Default MD

I own a business that buys/sells/trans sport horses that are upwords of 100k price range I travel to MD to buy and sell them a lot with the cash on hand would that be G&S reason for MD to grant me a LTC?

(Chester County)

Default Re: MD

I'm not 100% sure but I've seen this question asked before and I'm pretty sure the answer is no or not likely
    WHEN DEMOCRACY TURNS TO TYRANNY, THE ARMED CITIZEN STILL GETS TO VOTE

(Cumberland County)

http://forum.pafoa.org/national-11/1...ifts-stay.html

As of soon (I can't remember the exact date), you no longer need a reason for MD.

Does anyone know the date?
    Soap Box - Worn out : Ballot Box - Broken : Jury Box - Pending : Ammunition Box - Unknown

(York County)

Go to MarylandShooters.com, join the forum, and ask your question there. A MD permit isn't easy to acquire, but it is possible. The folks there are very knowledgeable about the process and can guide you through it.

MD is also in the middle of a large legal battle over it's process, and this is an even trickier time than before.

In my opinion, you stand a fair chance. It's at least worth looking into.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by daschnoz View Post
    http://forum.pafoa.org/national-11/1...ifts-stay.html

As of soon (I can't remember the exact date), you no longer need a reason for MD.

Does anyone know the date?
    At this time there is no date, that battle is still going on. Then, MD can appeal later. I wouldn't be expecting this to be resolved soon.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

Quote Originally Posted by cslangan View Post
    I own a business that buys/sells/trans sport horses that are upwords of 100k price range I travel to MD to buy and sell them a lot with the cash on hand would that be G&S reason for MD to grant me a LTC?
    You are probably unaware of state and federal cash seizure laws. Any person can have their CASH confiscated and they can only get it back via legal means.

If you carry large sums of cash on your person and are stopped for any reason and the officer discovers the cash, they can seize the cash and then you'll have to spent money on an attorney to get it back.

I highly suggest you stop carrying large sums of cash. To modern cops, anything over 100 bucks is a large sum that can be confiscated.
    However, there is no standard per se. The only federal requirement I am aware of to report large sums of cash are banks upon depositing more than
    10K in cash. They are required to report to a federal agency, I don't remember which one.

CL

Quote Originally Posted by customloaded View Post
    The only federal requirement I am aware of to report large sums of cash are banks upon depositing more than
    10K in cash
    . They are required to report to a federal agency, I don't remember which one.
    I'm pretty sure this has changed. It now applies to deposits or withdrawals, and the threshold is well below $10,000.

(Lancaster County)

You are probably unaware of state and federal cash seizure laws. Any person can have their CASH confiscated and they can only get it back via legal means.

If you carry large sums of cash on your person and are stopped for any reason and the officer discovers the cash, they can seize the cash and then you'll have to spent money on an attorney to get it back.

I highly suggest you stop carrying large sums of cash. To modern cops, anything over 100 bucks is a large sum that can be confiscated.
    However, there is no standard per se. The only federal requirement I am aware of to report large sums of cash are banks upon depositing more than
    10K in cash. They are required to report to a federal agency, I don't remember which one.

CL
    This. With how PDs are starving for money due to budget cutbacks they won't think twice to take your 100g's. This was in the news about cops doing exactly this on I40 in TN.

CL
    Yeah I'm pretty sure it has to be over 10k in cash. I looked into it when I flew to Florida to buy a car I had $7500 cash on me and if it was over 10k then I had to report it apparently to the airline. But yeah I wouldn't carry 100k on me. What are you the Morris twins? Lol
    Last edited by Wildbill990; August 16th, 2012 at 10:35 PM.

If you are transporting large sums of cash for business purposes, you have a strong claim of a "Good and Substantial Reason." Go for it now.

The Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals has stayed Judge Legg's smackdown of Good and Substantial (G&S) until the appeal is heard in Richmond in late October. The case is being expedited, and those of us who are following it are cautiously optimistic.

The best sources of information are the MarylandShooters forum and Maryland Shall Issue.

http://www.mdshooters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=77878
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=88287

Pay particular attention to posts by Patrick (MSI President), Krucam, and Esqappelate (A Federal Appeals Court Attorny). These guys know their stuff.

http://marylandshallissue.org/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast