Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Beaver County)

Default Ever sell a gun and ...

Feel SICK afterwards? I'm talking 'I need to sit down', light-headed, surreal moment, regret and disgust kind of sick. I sold a few today, three in the last couple months and when I sold my 870 today, I felt like I was having a heart attack or a stroke or something. Chills, pins and needles on my face, all that good stuff. Sometimes the extra money just isn't worth it.

(Butler County)

Default Re: Ever sell a gun and ...

Any chance of a buy back?
    H&K USP Compact 9mm//SA XD-9//SA XDs 45//S&W 442

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Misery556 View Post
    Feel SICK afterwards? I'm talking 'I need to sit down', light-headed, surreal moment, regret and disgust kind of sick. I sold a few today, three in the last couple months and when I sold my 870 today, I felt like I was having a heart attack or a stroke or something. Chills, pins and needles on my face, all that good stuff. Sometimes the extra money just isn't worth it.
    I got that feeling after I sold a gun and a month latter the buyer tells me it won't fire. The first time he took it out (a month after the sale) there was something wrong with the firing pin.

I felt bad about that, but to the best of my knowledge he purchased a working firearm as I had it out shooting a month before and aside from a cleaning, didn't take it out of it's holster.

So when he contacted me about it I had that feeling. It was that sinking feeling in my stomach thinking that I screwed him over. But then I eventually got over it knowing that I sold him a working gun (to the best of my knowledge) in as-is condition. So no warranty was implied.

You'll get passed this and when you get the resources you'll get that 870 again.
    Last edited by bigdawgbeav; August 20th, 2012 at 09:27 AM.
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

(Lycoming County)

Feel SICK afterwards? I'm talking 'I need to sit down', light-headed, surreal moment, regret and disgust kind of sick.
    No.

But when I was first getting into guns I made the mistake of buying about a half dozen 'shitty guns' which I quickly sold off once I became more of a gun nerd and realized just how crappy they were.

No remorse on those ones..

No. That seems like an abnormal and unhealthy reaction. I've regretted selling one firearm in my life, but I didn't have strange physical reactions.

(Beaver County)

I still have an 870 but I put more work into the one I sold today than any other gun I've ever owned. Unlike the PT1911 I did a ton of work on that my brother used to have, these mods actually helped and instead of HOPEFULLY making it work, they made it work BETTER. Oh well. It had sentimental value because of all the time I spent on it but I'll live. I've done all of the same work on my other 870 so it's not like I sold the superior of the two.

What I find most unbelievable about this is that I has it listed in the PAFOA classifieds for $350 for over a week with only a couple hits, both of whom lived on the other side of the state. I list it on craigslist, had ten emails and sell it four hours later to a guy who was GIDDY to have it. I mean EAR TO EAR GRIN happy. Does anyone even read those classifieds? I would have been happy as a pig in shit if I had the opportunity to buy this kind of gun for that price. I'm a bit biased obviously but still ...

I still have an 870 but I put more work into the one I sold today than any other gun I've ever owned. Unlike the PT1911 I did a ton of work on that my brother used to have, these mods actually helped and instead of HOPEFULLY making it work, they made it work BETTER. Oh well. It had sentimental value because of all the time I spent on it but I'll live. I've done all of the same work on my other 870 so it's not like I sold the superior of the two.

What I find most unbelievable about this is that I has it listed in the PAFOA classifieds for $350 for over a week with only a couple hits, both of whom lived on the other side of the state. I list it on craigslist, had ten emails and sell it four hours later to a guy who was GIDDY to have it. I mean EAR TO EAR GRIN happy. Does anyone even read those classifieds? I would have been happy as a pig in shit if I had the opportunity to buy this kind of gun for that price. I'm a bit biased obviously but still ...
    It was a nice shotgun and I wanted it, but I'm on the other side of the state and figured you wouldn't ship to my door. Seems like a lot of people on here are skittish about shipping a long-gun in-state.

(York County)

I haven't ever had that feeling after selling one of my guns, but I do miss them sometimes.

As far as the classifieds, I know 10-15 other shooters in my neighborhood that do not belong to this forum. I think your chances of selling something is better in a more public classified.

GB

(Allegheny County)

Nothing as extreme as you describe but I always have seller's regret after moving one of my guns. It always fades though, especially because I only sell a gun to buy another one. By comparison I know people who will never ever sell any guns, period.

(Centre County)

The only gun I regret selling was my P7M13.
    However, as cool as it was, it wasn't a practical carry piece.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast