Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Akins now a MG?

Default Akins now a MG conversion kit

I found this about the AA. I was thinking about buying one at the beginning of the new year. Oh well.

http://firefaster.com/
    Last edited by aubie515; December 12th, 2006 at 08:50 PM.

Default Re: Akins now a MG?

wow that sucks

(Erie County)

what was it? or is it?

I have one of those things you put behind the trigger on your gun, and it is a spring loaded thing that forces the trigger forward allowing you to bumpfire in essence. I never have used it though.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaII5 View Post
    what was it? or is it?

I have one of those things you put behind the trigger on your gun, and it is a spring loaded thing that forces the trigger forward allowing you to bumpfire in essence. I never have used it though.
    It basically automated bump-firing by letting the 10/22 cycle back and forth within the custom stock (the stock is what you bought from them). It allowed you to fire reliably from the shoulder as you would normally without having to do anything special.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

it was a stock with a built-in spring that 'bumpfired' up to 650 rounds per minutes on a 10/22

(Erie County)

Interesting, not that I think I would want a 10/22 though.

Some day I'll try out my Hell-fire trigger system. (Had to pull out the manual to remember what it was even called)

10/22s own

(Philadelphia County)

I called this a while ago. Although a no-brainer, you can search my post where I adviced people to get one quick, before they made it illegal.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

Quote Originally Posted by LorDiego01 View Post
    I called this a while ago. Although a no-brainer, you can search my post where I adviced people to get one quick, before they made it illegal.
    I'm sure someone will make a "legal" clone soon enough.

(Montgomery County)

ATF reclasified the device after previously giving hard documentation and legal opinion letters that is was NOT a machinegun.

the reclassification is being fought in court, atf cant just issue a legal letter, wait months after the company produces and sells them, then just "reclassify" the device as a "conversion device" and get away scot free.

at this point the devices are in a legal holding pattern, and possibly considered contraband.
    I have 2, one beta unit, one of the production models, so if they declare them contraband, for the devices themselves I'm out about $2300.

I degunned them last niht, and put my 10/22s back in the regular stocks *well, less evil, but still folding stocks:-)

we'll just have to see what happens.

as per "legal clones"....not going to happen, the device, mechanism, etc is fully patented, and there's still about 12+ years left on the patent.

heres the announcement on Subguns....Tom Bowers, the Pres of Akins Group, and owner of Subguns made the announcement the very day after he received the letter
    http://www.subguns.com/boards/mgmsg.cgi?read=580857
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast