Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Where to shoot 7.62 5.45 5.56 rifels near Pittsburgh

I want to purchase AK or Saiga, which are 5.45 and 7.62, but I don't know where can I shoot them. If there is no place to shoot it is going to be only pricey toy which will be sitting in closet.

Do you know any places where people can use this kind of rifles near Pittsburgh?

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Where to shoot 7.62 5.45 5.56 rifels near Pittsburgh

There's plenty of gun clubs around with private ranges. Membership will cost you between $25 and $100 per year depending on the club. Club membership usually means unlimited access to the range/ranges during daylight hours.

There is a public range in wexford maintained by the game commission. There are a lot if restrictions on shooting there, such as very fee rounds in a magazine, no rapid fire, etc... You need a hunting license or range use permit to shoot there, which you can purchase at walmarts, and most sporting goods or gun stores. It's also dangerous there, as many there don't follow safety rules.

Id provide some links for you, but I'm on my phone right now.
    Sec. 21. The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

Sec. 25. To guard against transgressions of the high powers which we have delegated, we declare that everything in this article is excepted out of the general powers of government and shall forever remain inviolate.

(Allegheny County)

There's plenty of gun clubs around with private ranges. Membership will cost you between $25 and $100 per year depending on the club. Club membership usually means unlimited access to the range/ranges during daylight hours.

There is a public range in wexford maintained by the game commission. There are a lot if restrictions on shooting there, such as very fee rounds in a magazine, no rapid fire, etc... You need a hunting license or range use permit to shoot there, which you can purchase at walmarts, and most sporting goods or gun stores. It's also dangerous there, as many there don't follow safety rules.

Id provide some links for you, but I'm on my phone right now.
    Sec. 21. The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

Sec. 25. To guard against transgressions of the high powers which we have delegated, we declare that everything in this article is excepted out of the general powers of government and shall forever remain inviolate.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Vintorez View Post
    I want to purchase AK or Saiga, which are 5.45 and 7.62, but I don't know where can I shoot them. If there is no place to shoot it is going to be only pricey toy which will be sitting in closet.

Do you know any places where people can use this kind of rifles near Pittsburgh?
    Best club in the Pittsburgh Area: http://www.pmsconline.com/
    Toujours prêt

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    +1

PMSC has some of the best facilities in the area. you can shoot all of those rifles on the rifle range (50-300yds) or any number of the smaller practical shooting bays.

I still go to the SGL range in Wexford because it's much closer to me that PMSC. But I only go knowing I might have to pack it up at any time depending on who shows up.

(Allegheny County)

Thank you, guys for answering the question

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    I went over FAQs for PMSC and found that sponsoring of existing member is necessary. I don't know anyone who could be my sponsor. Is there any other options to enroll? I also send them email, but still asking here too.

(Allegheny County)

I went over FAQs for PMSC and found that sponsoring of existing member is necessary. I don't know anyone who could be my sponsor. Is there any other options to enroll? I also send them email, but still asking here too.
    Just ask anyone you run into, when you come out with your application. Members are usually happy to sponsor a new guy.
    Toujours prêt

(Allegheny County)

There are events that are open to the public like CMP.

Also there is a PAFOA/PMSC group shoot open to members here on PAFOA and PMSC members. PAFOA members pay $5.

I've heard you can get a sponsor by showing up to the meeting, but don't know anyone personally who did that. It seems to be that the club wants to be more accountable about who joins these days. But that is just my observation, I'm not speaking on behalf of the club as a whole.

(Beaver County)

I am a club officer at Beaver Valley Rifle and Pistol Club and can act as your sponsor if interested in joining.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jay_Cunningham View Post
    I am a club officer at Beaver Valley Rifle and Pistol Club and can act as your sponsor if interested in joining.
    I appreciate, but, unfortunately, it is far from me.
    Is there one time admission?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast