Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default Wife gets her LTCF!

Let me start out by saying that although I've been shooting all my life, I never owned a firearm until February of this year. When I told my wife at that time that I was purchasing one, she was not happy. She used to work in a big city ER as a respiratory therapist and saw first hand the damage that they can do to the human body. She also didn't want them in the house, even though 2 of our three children are grown and the third one is 16.

At the time I told her that I was proceeding regardless, because I had just turned 50 and didn't want to put it off any longer. Nobody lasts forever, and I'd put off this hobby long enough. She understood and said that I could proceed as long as I kept them in a safe when not on my person so I went ahead and got my first handgun, and my LTCF.

Then I got my second gun (a 9mm, because the 1911 in 45acp was too expensive to shoot as much as i'd like). Then our daughter got interested in shooting, so I got my third gun, a MarkIII 22/45 so I could take her along to the range.

Then my wife started shooting with my on occasion.

Then I bought my 4th gun (an M&P 9 Shield for comfortable IWB CC). Just last week, I traded in the 1911 and purchased an AR15, because I was concerned that the gubmint would over-react in the wake of Colorado.

Today, I was reading the Doylestown Intelligencer, and I saw the article about the rise in the number of LTCF applications. I told her about it, and how it said that the most surprising thing was the number of women applying had gone up significantly.

At that moment, she said SHE wanted her LTCF. I printed out the form for her and she took it down to the courthouse in D-Town and came home today with a shiny, new LTCF. What a strange and wonderful day this was

On a side note, the woman who normally handles LTCFs is on vacation, and the goobers the sheriff has handling the process in her absence are totally clueless. Wait time was almost two hours, as opposed to the normal 10 minutes.

Regards to all,

BCB

Default Re: Wife gets her LTCF!

Quote Originally Posted by BucksCountyBob View Post
    Let me start out by saying that although I've been shooting all my life, I never owned a firearm until February of this year. When I told my wife at that time that I was purchasing one, she was not happy. She used to work in a big city ER as a respiratory therapist and saw first hand the damage that they can do to the human body. She also didn't want them in the house, even though 2 of our three children are grown and the third one is 16.

At the time I told her that I was proceeding regardless, because I had just turned 50 and didn't want to put it off any longer. Nobody lasts forever, and I'd put off this hobby long enough. She understood and said that I could proceed as long as I kept them in a safe when not on my person so I went ahead and got my first handgun, and my LTCF.

Then I got my second gun (a 9mm, because the 1911 in 45acp was too expensive to shoot as much as i'd like). Then our daughter got interested in shooting, so I got my third gun, a MarkIII 22/45 so I could take her along to the range.

Then my wife started shooting with my on occasion.

Then I bought my 4th gun (an M&P 9 Shield for comfortable IWB CC). Just last week, I traded in the 1911 and purchased an AR15, because I was concerned that the gubmint would over-react in the wake of Colorado.

Today, I was reading the Doylestown Intelligencer, and I saw the article about the rise in the number of LTCF applications. I told her about it, and how it said that the most surprising thing was the number of women applying had gone up significantly.

At that moment, she said SHE wanted her LTCF. I printed out the form for her and she took it down to the courthouse in D-Town and came home today with a shiny, new LTCF. What a strange and wonderful day this was

On a side note, the woman who normally handles LTCFs is on vacation, and the goobers the sheriff has handling the process in her absence are totally clueless. Wait time was almost two hours, as opposed to the normal 10 minutes.

Regards to all,

BCB
    Nice evolution of your overall gun experience. Now you can have a new hobby in common. Enjoy.

CONGRATS TO THE WIFE! Now go get her a nice carry gun!
    "343" Never Forgotten

(Bucks County)

Thanks guys

Forgot to mention, deputy sees my wife's occupation on the application and says, "well that's a first for me, a gun-toting teacher! I thought you were all antis". I told her she should have told him she also votes Republican and hates the teacher's union scumbags! Probably would have been another first for him, lol.

BCB

(Clinton County)

Very nice. Congratulations to your your wife and you. If she wants to start carrying I would recommend some training.

My wife did not have much experience shooting handguns. When she got her LTCF and her gun we took 4 courses. She did not have any bad habits yet and the instructor was very good. The second course was a tactical training. She was very proud that she was the best at shooting in the dark while using a hand held flashlight.

In part due to her good experiences with training she now carries everywhere she is allowed. Due to where I work she carries more than I do.
    The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.