Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default 1 Dead, 2 wounded after breaking into gun shop

A search did not turn up this bit of news (general related, I think).

Apparently they didn't really think this robbery through very well....

http://www.wltx.com/news/article/197...-into-Gun-Shop

NORTH AUGUSTA, S.C. (AP) - Authorities say one man is dead and two others hospitalized after they crashed a van into a North Augusta gun store to steal weapons and were shot by the owner, who lived behind the business.

The Aiken County Coroner's Office says 20-year-old K'Raven Goodwin of Eastover was killed and the two men with him remain in the hospital after the shooting around 4 a.m. Thursday.

Deputies say the owner was checking on an alarm at his store when he confronted and shot the men. Investigators would not say if the men were armed or fired back.

Authorities say the two shooting survivors ran to a nearby Waffle House to call for help, while the third man was found in the store.

No charges have been filed as an investigation continues.

Default Re: 1 Dead, 2 wounded after breaking into gun shop

Quote Originally Posted by dsnover View Post

Trying to rob a gun store; that's a new level of stupid.

A few more details:

AIKEN COUNTY, SC (WACH)- A robbery at a gun store in North Augusta has left two Midlands men wounded and an Eastover man dead.

Early Thursday morning, Aiken County deputies responded to Guns and Ammo Gunsmith on Edgefield Road in North Augusta in reference to an alarm. Deputies say they met with the business owner, Stephen Bayazes Jr, who lives in the rear of the store.

Investigators say they found a hole in the side of the building and a man with gunshot wounds. Deputies say Bayazes was woken up by a loud crash and went to the store to find out what was wrong when he found three men inside.

Investigators say Bayazes tells them one of the men threatened to kill him and that's when he started shooting at them.

Authorities say K’Raven Aude' Goodwin, 20, of Eastover died at the hospital.

The other two suspects were found nearby and were taken to the hospital to treat their wounds.

Both Eddie Stewart and Franklin Robinson remain at an Augusta hospital.

The store owner is not expected to face any charges in the shooting.

And more here:

Friday, Aug. 10, 2012

BELVEDERE, S.C. -- News 12 has learned warrants have been issued for the two surviving suspects in the attempted burglary at Guns and Ammo Gunsmith.

The Aiken County Sheriff's Office says Eddie Stewart and Franklin Robinson will be charged with burglary 1st, grand larceny and possession of a weapon during the commission of a violent crime. Both suspects are still in the hospital and will be taken into custody once they are released.

The Aiken County coroner says the third suspect, 20-year-old K'Raven Goodwin of Eastover, S.C., died from multiple gunshot wounds on Thursday morning.

Investigators say a vehicle crashed into the store to break in around 3:30 a.m.

The business owner, Stephen Bayezes, says he was asleep in his home behind the store when the alarm started going off. He woke up and ran to the store where he saw three men loading guns into the van. One of the men yelled, "Shoot the (explicative)," so Bayezes started shooting. He hit all three of the suspects, killing one as the other two fled.

Goodwin was left at the scene. Stewart and Robinson ran away to the Waffle House on Martintown Road near I-20.

Police were called to both scenes and the suspects were taken to the hospital.

The owner was very shaken up. He and his friends spent the morning cleaning up the store and boarding up the side wall.

This is the second time in three years the business has been broken into. After the last break-in in 2009, he added bars and a sign that says "24-Hour Armed Guard" to the front of his store.

The owner says the stolen guns were recovered from the van at Waffle House.

Quote Originally Posted by dsnover View Post

They should have just gone for the complete stupidity award and held up a police station.

(Tioga County)

Those types of stories make me feel all warm and fuzzy. I hope the two that survived get put away for a long time.
    MikeP

(Beaver County)

Glad the owner came through it ok.Hopefully the two surviving D.B's will be in prison for a long time.
    Μολὼν λαβέ
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

(Washington County)

Reminds me of the C3 dealer in the SW that had to defend his store from an armed break in.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by HiredGoon View Post
    A few more details:

One of the men yelled, "Shoot the (explicative)," so Bayezes started shooting. He hit all three of the suspects, killing one as the other two fled.
    They can't say the owner didn't do as he was told.

I think we should nominate the deceased for the next round of Darwin Awards.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by gascolator View Post
    They can't say the owner didn't do as he was told.

I think we should nominate the deceased for the next round of Darwin Awards.
    The entire time I read this article I was thinking "Darwin may have been on to something."
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    They should have just gone for the complete stupidity award and held up a police station.

Ask and you shall receive:

There's no such thing as a free lunch.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast