Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Carry Permit in Philly, How Long?

At 52 days hearing nothing.

(Philadelphia County)

At this point, if you have heard nothing, they are obligated to issue you your license at the 46th day after turning in your application. Go down there and tell them that you have not received your confirmation or denial letter at how many days it has been and you would like your license issued today according to state law.

(Philadelphia County)

I think I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt and wait until 45 "working days" have passed. What I've heard is that they hang their hat on that. That will be on September 25th. Hopefully I'll get it before then, but I don't want to waste a trip, parking etc.

I'm also going to try to call.

Thanks

(Delaware County)

Benefit of doubt? There is no doubt

They must issue in 45 days.

Benefit of doubt. LMAO

Thanks for the laugh

(Philadelphia County)

I called the number (very difficult to find, probably intentionally) of the permit office. The message said that to allow 45 days, not including weekends. Its probably illegal for them to interpret it that way, but I'm not interested in fighting city hall by going all Norma Rae on them I'll just wait until the 25th which is 45 working days. If I don't hear anything by then, I will just go down.

Thanks for all the info.

Ps. Didn't know I was so funny.

(Philadelphia County)

I went to apply for the first time Sept 18th & still have not heard or been sent anything.

(Philadelphia County)

They actually have an area on a denial form that denies a person the LTC and simply says that the investigation is not complete for when the past the time limitation as they interpret it. When you challenge the time frame that is set by law they will give you a denial and just indicate they failed to complete the investigation. You will then need to file an appeal and it will be months for the court date to come up. In the meantime they do not pursue the "investigation" any further and you are effectively delayed and denied in violation of the statute. How do I know? Experience. BTW I am an ex-philly cop and was told at the court hearing I requested that it was held up because of an old Internal Affairs Investigation. I was at the time requesting a LTC and a sworn School Police Sergeant and had long left the inbreeding Philly PD. They have no worries about violating the law or your rights. Good luck.

(Philadelphia County)

Impact13: I'm about a week behind you, so I'm curious when you hear something. I'm at 62 days without any word, but username's post skerrid me out of going down there and demanding it.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by astn View Post
    Impact13: I'm about a week behind you, so I'm curious when you hear something. I'm at 62 days without any word, but username's post skerrid me out of going down there and demanding it.
    I'm not sure how much weight these pieces of info would have, but I dug all this up and maybe it could benefit you.

1. Licensing statute indicating maximum 45 days for LTCF to be issued (not referencing business days, just "Days")
    2. Definition of day
    3. Statute for "Abuse of power" - Official Oppression

1. http://goo.gl/i8r9W
    2. http://goo.gl/Gyzsv subchapter F defines DAY as "The time from midnight to the next midnight."
    3. http://goo.gl/VBscM
    Last edited by yeager484; November 28th, 2012 at 01:56 PM.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by username View Post
    They actually have an area on a denial form that denies a person the LTC and simply says that the investigation is not complete for when the past the time limitation as they interpret it. When you challenge the time frame that is set by law they will give you a denial and just indicate they failed to complete the investigation. You will then need to file an appeal and it will be months for the court date to come up. In the meantime they do not pursue the "investigation" any further and you are effectively delayed and denied in violation of the statute. How do I know? Experience. BTW I am an ex-philly cop and was told at the court hearing I requested that it was held up because of an old Internal Affairs Investigation. I was at the time requesting a LTC and a sworn School Police Sergeant and had long left the inbreeding Philly PD. They have no worries about violating the law or your rights. Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by astn View Post
    Do nothing, get nothing. If you don't stand up for yourself, what other result can you expect?
    After 45 days (NOT business days), go down there and demand your license. If you are denied, you then demand a written certified letter on the exact reason why.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast