Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Talking Soon to buy Sig P2022

Hey guys, I've been lurking on this site soaking up all the info i can about the state laws an whatnot. my birthday is coming up in 2 weeks so I'll be treating myself with my first firearm. I'm pretty familiar with weapons since i've been i the army for over 3 years. I was just hoping to get some input from some 2022 owners and how they like it and what kind of cc holsters they use. Hope to hear from you guys soon.

Dennis.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Soon to buy Sig P2022

Its a good choice, as i type this i'm wearing the SP2009 which is its older brother, this series of guns is one of the most underrated guns in the market, enjoy your new gun. I own 6 Sigs btw and the Sig pro is my favorite to carry.

(Monroe County)

Oh btw, Blackhawk in their leather section sells a nice Italian made holster for it , Also DeSantis sells a nice leather Holster for it, i have both and like both , i detest Kydex so i dont know whats available in Kydex.

(Berks County)

thanks for the info on the holster.. i've heard lots of good things about this pistol. the shop i'm going to (here in texas) its only 395 so it seems like a really good deal, only thing that i dont like is the magazines are a tad pricey but in the end i think it'll be worth it.

(Monroe County)

THe Store where i shop here in Monroe sells the the mags for $20 a piece , brand new in plastic bag ,Sig Mags, 15 rounders.

See if Top Gun Supply has any that you could mail order.

(Berks County)

how far is monroe from berks?

I like the SP2022 a lot. Great to shoot, absolutely love the trigger. I carry mine in a Crossbreed Supertuck. You may want to see if the 2022 at your shop comes with the adjustable backstraps as the grip tends to be a bit bigger than some other handguns, and depending on the size of your hands that can be a problem. I would also suggest that you try to shoot one before you buy just to make sure you don't have any surprises. Have fun shopping!
    will that extra 15% matter? not as much as being able to put one in their face. ~Edg

(Berks County)

I shot one at a local range about a week ago. If I'm not mistaken brand new it comes with another sized grip but it fits pretty well in my hand when I shot it so I don't think the size will be an issue. When I do make the purchase I will be shooting around 1-200 rounds of the federal 9mm rounds.

(Cumberland County)

I like my 2022. I don't carry it a lot due to it's size, but I've never had any ftf, fte, etc.. It's a solid gun, great quality and I like the decocker. I like to carry owb so I had a guy make a nice thumb break holster for me. Mine is a .40. If you don't mind a large gun, it's a great choice and a great price!

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by mrnyman View Post
    this series of guns is one of the most underrated guns in the market, enjoy your new gun. I own 6 Sigs btw and the Sig pro is my favorite to carry.
    +1 on this.
    Mine has a great trigger right out of the box. There are a lot of different packaging variations being sold now. Most are packaged with two grips of different sizes. Some have factory night sights.

I had the Blackhawk leather holster mentioned and the quality was very good. I sold it because I got a Raven Phantom kydex holster. I wear it OWB and it conceals well.

Mags are a little pricey but in line with other Sigs. Top Gun is a preferred vendor of mine but be aware that they have a flat rate shipping of $9.95 so if you're only looking for a few mags it's not worth it.

I often get mags from Greg Cote, LLC. Prices are good and he typically ships same day. If the shop referred to by mrnyman does mail order I plan to swoop down on them for some $20 mags.

MecGar doesn't make standard mags for the SigPro but they do now make a 17 round mag. It has an extended +2 baseplate the protrudes from the grip. MecGar is one of the manufacturers that make Sig branded mags so they work flawlessly. Interestingly the 17 rounder is cheaper than Sig's 15 rounders.

Every once in a blue moon RoCo gets a shipment of SigPro flat baseplates from Germany. People seem to love them because it shaves a few mm off the grip length. I have one and I don't know that it makes that big a difference.

pictured with flat baseplate

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast