Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default tell us your stories

i know some people dont like talkin about this

but tell your stories about when u had to use ur gun, pull it out, or a time when u needed it and didnt have it etc

(Beaver County)

Default Re: tell us your stories

I dont feel like typing much.

Im walking with SO, we cut diagonal thru a gas stations lot rather than walking all of the way to the corner and making the left. A person drive in behind us, blared the horn, and thinking it must be someone i know, I turned around and waved saracsticly. Well, it wasnt someone I knew. He flew into his pump spot, got out and started screaming about if i wanted to start something. He was coming at me pretty quickly, and I placed my hand under the edge of my shirt, but didnt show or draw. I told him I in fact did NOT want to start anything, and that if he would pump his gas, I would be on my way.

at this point, the car behind me starts beeping. I dont know why. Did they see my gun and wanted to warn the guy, or distract me? I dont know. My SO checked that issue out, and said it was just some old guy, not a concern. So we walked, and I kept a solid eye on him until we were well clear.

Thats the only time I even considered the possibility of having to defend myself.

(Lebanon County)

well, Didn't have a handgun, but a 12Ga shottie, hope that counts.

I was going through my divorce, and I was very scared of my ex. I loved in a trailer in backwoods, white trash type trailer park (still in the Army, it was the best I could afford). I was so scared I took what little money and bought the 12ga from a pawnshop, no ammo (figured I'd buy that later when I had some money). Anyway it was real late and real dark (about 1:30AM or so, and I was woken by something. As I lay there, I heard the leave in the front yard russling, then I heard a thud on the front wooden "portch", I grabbed the shotgun, and racked it, yelling "who's there". Next thing I hear is somone running through the yard, and about a minute later a car starts up on the upper road and peals out. Still not sure what happend, but I know I prevented something.

(Beaver County)

Talk about a bluff!

(Perry County)

This was probably about 6 or 8 years ago when our office was in downtown Harrisburg...not the outskirts where we are now. Anyway, my position in the law firm required that, during certain computer projects, I stay until well after everyone else had left.

This night, I had finished and left the office through the side entrance into the alley. We had a front entrance but the side was more direct to walk down the alley a bit to the parking garage where I parked my vehicle. The building behind ours in the alley was a bar where mostly inner city types hung out. As I walked out the door of our office, and started walking diagonally across the alley to get to the side away from the bar like I normally did when leaving late. As I was about half way across the alley, I saw 3 or 4 black guys sitting on the small stoop (steps) outside the bar. It does matter what color they were because of the way things unfolded toward me.

As I got closer to the bar, I saw them sitting there and, not wanting to walk with my head down like a scared puppy, nodded at them and said something like "how you doing?". Well, one of them stood up and said something like "what's that supposed to mean, white boy?" and stood up. Not sure if that's exact, but I distinctly remember the white boy reference. Well, I'm still walking at this point and, after standing up, he said "do you have a problem?". Still walking, I simply flipped the right side of my jacket back to expose the fact that I was armed and said "I don't have a problem and I'm not looking for one.". He very quickly said "It's cool. Have a good night." and sat back down. I said "You too." and continued on my way.

The whole thing couldn't have taken more then 10 seconds. As soon as I saw them, I started putting distance between myself and them...trying to avoid any potential trouble, but it didn't work out that way. I didn't want to actually draw my weapon...I wanted to diffuse the situation without resorting to that. I had enough distance between them and myself that I would have had time to draw if they had kept advancing. Did I do the right thing? Who's to say. If I hadn't let them know I was armed, would he have kept coming at me? If I had drawn my weapon, could things have gone from uncomfortable to disasterous? Again, who knows? Thinking back on things, I was younger then and fairly new to CCW. Now, I steer away from potential dangerous areas if I can avoid it.

I do know that my heart was still beating fast for about 15 minutes after I was in my car and on the way home.

Dave G.
    Last edited by dmg1969; December 12th, 2006 at 01:43 PM.

(Montgomery County)

Coming out of a Gay Club in Philly alone at night. I had not made it half a block and I found myself surrounded by five men. They said they were going to do me a favor and teach me to enjoy men. One of them had a pipe in his hand.

I drew my gun and told them that they would become ****'s if they did not leave me alone.

They took off running.

(Philadelphia County)

This happened way back in the day when I me and my family were living in Argentina.

It was a Sunday morning, and we were all watching a movie. All of the sudden, the dog (an Airedale Terrier) took off faster than I've ever seen anything move and she was barking and growling very angrily. Our house had a big walled in patio, (the kind that has broken glass on the top of the wall), and thats the direction my dog headed. Right away we start hearing noises, my dad runs out and grabs his hand-cannon and tells us all to go into the bed room.

Turns out four "youths" had climbed over our wall to "retrieve a ball they had kicked by mistake". We never found the ball, and I guess they never expected to held at gunpoint until the police arrived either. After about 25 minutes, the cops did arrive, they arrested the punks, they found drugs and knives in all of them.

As the police were taking the punks away, my dad pointed to one of the many shooting trophies he had laying around the house, and told them they had picked the wrong house to mess with.

Later on the day, the police captain stopped by our house, to "make sure everybody was happy with the way the police acted", which basically means my dad had to give them some cash for their "service". If he didnt, the next time it would probably have been the police themselves climbing over the walls.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by LorDiego01 View Post
    they found drugs and knives in all of them.
    Were they bleeding?!

Quote Originally Posted by LorDiego01 View Post
    which basically means my dad had to give them some cash for their "service". If he didnt, the next time it would probably have been the police themselves climbing over the walls.
    Im not real sure what that means. You had to bribe the police for what, exactly?

(Berks County)

Never had to use/draw and hope I never do.

Several times gone to a condition of high alert and ready when I saw things I didn't like and got out of dodge (bad neighborhood, strange looking folks etc...).

(Chester County)

Had a fellow try to carjack me about 5 or 6 years ago at a KFC in North Philly. I was sitting in the drive through at about 10 or 11 pm.

He came up to the car with a bat/stick (I didn't get the best look) and started to make swinging motions. I didn't say anything, and couldn't hear him because I had the window up and the radio on. I just went to draw, got the gun halfway out of my holster. Before I could complete the draw he threw his hands up in the air, said something, and ran away.

The whole thing took all of 3-4 seconds, and he never got closer than 5 yards. Scared the hell out of me, quite frankly. The strangest part was that there were pedestrians everywhere...nobody even batted an eye.

Never could figure out why you'd try to carjack someone with a baseball bat. A gun, I can understand, but a bat -- why? The whole thing was really surreal.
    The material presented herein is for informational purposes only, is not guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up to date, does not constitute legal advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT act or rely on any information in this post or e-mail without seeking the advice of an attorney YOU have retained.

In plain English, while I am an attorney, I'm NOT your attorney, and I'm NOT giving you legal advice.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast