Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Talking Single shot 12ga tactical

FLAME SUIT ON:

I had a cheap H&R 12 ga cut to 18 1/2 inch barrel and ATI tactical stock set put on it

A) It cost me 100$ total

B) My reason is simply boredom and dont use this h&r for anything else so I decided lets give it new life.

My question is can anyone here actually justify my actions lol (Is there a reasonable point to this type of gun) ? Also has anyone brave enough to admit it done a single shot tactical ?

Pics to come asap of course
    Have you called, faxed, or emailed your reps today!!!

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Single shot 12ga tactical

Well it's creative if nothing else. It's always fun to have something unique. I say take it to the range and see how many people ask you what the hell it is.

Bonus points if you come up with a funny answer.

(Northampton County)

I did that to the NEF Survivor .410/.45 LC. It shortened it up some with that collapsible stock. The stock had the shell holder on it. Couldn't cut the barrel though, needed the end for the choke for the .410. But that barrel was only twenty inches anyway.

Can't wait for your shooting report. I also had the 12g Survivor. Nothing like shooting a five pound 12g!

(Allegheny County)

Back in 1970 something, I met a guy who had a 410 single-shot cut down to a pistol. The barrel was about 10". He said he used it for hunting snakes and frogs in the swamps of Louisiana. It was a pretty cool little gun.
    Toujours prêt

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Back in 1970 something, I met a guy who had a 410 single-shot cut down to a pistol. The barrel was about 10". He said he used it for hunting snakes and frogs in the swamps of Louisiana. It was a pretty cool little gun.
    Same here. A friend of mine cut his Iver Johnson 12 gauge single down to a 10 inch barreled pistol to use as a "boat gun", whatever the hell that is. However, this was NOT fun to shoot, as it required two hands, one placed over the top of the barrel to keep from socking your chin with the muzzle.

(Luzerne County)

It would have been better to buy a good jack with the 100 bucks and use the barrel for the jack handle. Also,they make good tomato stakes.

(Lawrence County)

I've shot a Texas Star with a single shot .410 and made pretty decent time even though it was a single shot... Most tactical shotguns out there are cylinder bore with no choke, so you really aren't hurting yourself there. It may take longer for a follow up shot, but after a chest full of buckshot, I don't think Mr. Burglar will really notice... lol

-Chaz
    I like guns... And boobs...

(Lehigh County)

gun just got done being cut down it looks so small It looks illegal but it is not its 18 1/2 barrel and 30 inch overall looks awesome had a fiber optic red sight put on very handy its going to kick like a mule!

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by chrmm22sr View Post
    gun just got done being cut down it looks so small It looks illegal but it is not its 18 1/2 barrel and 30 inch overall looks awesome had a fiber optic red sight put on very handy its going to kick like a mule!
    Absolutely no doubt. Is it a 3" chamber? Tell ya what. Try a Remington 3 inch magnum slug out of it. I'm sure your response will be
    HolyMaryMotherofJesusOnAStick!!!

Then, if so inclined, give it a round of 15-pellet 00 Buck in 3 inch flavor. Your response will be similar, if not unprintable.

(Lehigh County)

Yeah I may shoot those mini's out of it lol I want to post pics but the stock isnt in till tomorrow

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast