Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Cumberland County)

Default Glock 26 for CC????

So my everyday carry is a Kahr CM9...I really enjoy it and is easy to conceal. With all the shit going down lately, I am toying with the notion of having a concealed carry option with more capacity than the 6+1 the Kahr has. I was thinking about using the Kahr when I am walking around with gym shorts in my desantis nemesis pocket holster and when I am alittle more dressed up, carrying the G26 in an IWB holster, most likely a crossbreed ( I have one for my Kahr and really like it). I am 5'10 170, blonde and blue eyes, Oh wait this isnt a dating site. My question is to you owners of a G26 for concealed carry; how do you like carrying it on a daily basis..weight ok? printing? overall impression of the gun, etc. Any info and/or experiences will help. Thanks.

I should note, I am leaning towards a G26 because I have a 19, 34 and 35.

Smile Re: Glock 26 for CC????

CCW my Glock 26 for many years,But as of getting my S&W Shield 9mm this has been my Favorite to CCW,thinner,lighter,just as accurate as the Glock,and if Glock made a gun Comparable to the Shield I would have gotten that,either way you cant go wrong with any of these choices,good luck. Also as a Note My Glock 19 CCWs just as well as the 26 !

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Glock 26 for CC????

Love my G26 for CC. I don't carry each and every day (due to work issues) but I do carry at least 3 full days a week. I have a Minotaur MTAC IWB. It fits great and doesn't print too often (at least my wife doesn't mention it).

(Washington County)

Absolutely go with the Glock 26. Its on my short list as well, but I also have the Glock 27 same size. I would definitely add the +0 pearce grip, to add the pinky extension.

Quote Originally Posted by pokerguy005 View Post
    So my everyday carry is a Kahr CM9...I really enjoy it and is easy to conceal. With all the shit going down lately, I am toying with the notion of having a concealed carry option with more capacity than the 6+1 the Kahr has. I was thinking about using the Kahr when I am walking around with gym shorts in my desantis nemesis pocket holster and when I am alittle more dressed up, carrying the G26 in an IWB holster, most likely a crossbreed ( I have one for my Kahr and really like it). I am 5'10 170, blonde and blue eyes, Oh wait this isnt a dating site. My question is to you owners of a G26 for concealed carry; how do you like carrying it on a daily basis..weight ok? printing? overall impression of the gun, etc. Any info and/or experiences will help. Thanks.

I should note, I am leaning towards a G26 because I have a 19, 34 and 35.
    - Certified Glock Armorer, Μολὼν λαβέ

(Philadelphia County)

My primary is a G26, my secondary now is a Kahr MK9, and my deep conceal (ankle/pocket) is an LCP. I have 2 G19. So yes, I support getting a G26.

Al
    "In a controversy, the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth and have begun striving for ourselves." - Siddhartha Gautama

(Philadelphia County)

i carry the g26 daily, and on days when my shirt is feeling a little loose i'll slip in my g19 instead. I'm about your size and weight and wear pretty slim t shirts and what most people would consider "skinny" jeans and have had zero problems. Even my gun fanatic friends can't tell when I'm carrying, and they are always trying to spot concealed carriers. This is all in a galco king tuk holster (very similar to crossbreed). it distributes the weight nicely on your belt, lays super flat against your body and isn't too hot in the summer.

you can't go wrong with 10+1 as well as the option of slipping in a g17 or 19 magazine in your pocket with even more firepower.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by bmxdan View Post
    i carry the g26 daily, and on days when my shirt is feeling a little loose i'll slip in my g19 instead.
    Same here except 27 and 23.
    Let us hope for the best, but let us also prepare for the worst.

(Bucks County)

I carry the Glock 26 most of the time unless I go to bad sections of large cities like Philadelphia, New York, or Baltimore, Then I opt for my Glock 30.

I carry most of the time with a shirt out or sport jacket in an IWB holster. In warmer weather I use a DE Santis ankle rig when dressed up without a jacket covering. I also use other belt holsters once in a while under winter garb.

I find the IWB at the 5:00 position to conceal very well under untucked shirts or sport jackets and after carrying the Glock 30, I do not realize I even have it in my waist band. With the ankle rig, there is a little bulge noticable at times if you are looking for it, but it is comfortable for me to carry long periods of time and easy for me to get to.

My preferred way during the summer months with jeans, jean shorts or khakies is the IWB under an untucked Tommy Bahama or Cutter and Buck silk dress shirt for going out dining or to events. In the winter I do the same with Tommy Bahama or Polo sweatshirts.

Before I retired I carried high capacity 9 mms most of the time off duty so I am used to the thickness of the high capacity mags and very happy with the light weight as opposed to the S&W's I used to carry that I retired to my safe.

I hope this helps you in your process.

(Cumberland County)

My LGS can order me a Gen 4 G26 for $549. I think I am going to get it. I will need to get some night sites and a holster as well.

(Bucks County)

That's a good price for a Gen 4. I see the Gen 3's at $499.95 through $559.95
    I bought mine used for $360.00 at AF Boyers several years ago. It looked new and when I check the serial number with Glock, it was only 6 months old. At that time Boyers had new ones at $499.00 and I was going to get a new one until he showed me the used one apart and it looked as if it was only shot at the factory.

Best of luck with your new purchase. Practice a lot with it though to get use to the short grips and trigger.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast