Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    (Cumberland County)

Default Re: Center Valley Promenade Shops Don't allow guns now, but is their policy legal?

I don't ever remember seeing that sign.
    Soap Box - Worn out : Ballot Box - Broken : Jury Box - Pending : Ammunition Box - Unknown

Default Re: Center Valley Promenade Shops Don't allow guns now, but is their policy legal?

Quote Originally Posted by WolfMacabre9 View Post
    I was at the Promenade Shops in Center Valley the other day and came across a nice big new "Code of Conduct" sign. Item #13 on the code of conduct states (and I'm quoting but my phone missed a couple of the words in a pic so may be slightly off)

"Any weapons such as guns, knives, swords, laser pointers and any other items that can [cause harm to a] customer will be confiscated and given to the proper authorities"

I understand that it is private property and that they are within their rights to say no firearms, but are they legally able to confiscate my firearm? I don't plan on going there anymore because I don't like to support anti-gun supporters, it just doesn't seem legal to me though that they could confiscate a firearm.
    I OC there frequently and never had a problem or saw a sign. Can you tell us where is it is? Any idea when it was installed?
    Help us restore election integrity in PA. Join PA Voters United

(Lehigh County)

No big loss. But I'll send them an email telling them why they lost a customer.
    Any mission, any conditions, any foe at any range.
    Twice the mayhem, triple the force.
    Ten times the action, total hardcore.

Quote Originally Posted by daschnoz View Post
    I don't ever remember seeing that sign.
    For some reason, i never see those signs either

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    They can put a condition like having you do hand stands, jump through rings of fire,
    No they can't that would be a violation of ADA and grounds for a hefty fine/lawsuit

(Allegheny County)

Last line of their "code of conduct":
    "If you fail or refuse to follow this Code of Conduct, you will be asked to leave the property. If you fail or refuse to leave the property, you will be arrested and prosecuted for Criminal Trespass"

This ^ is all they can do legally.

Don't sweat it and just conceal.

I'm afraid it's pretty much useless to promise a business that you will no longer be a customer because of their weapons policy. I'm sure that most businesses will not even bat an eye to the threat, even if you convinced them that 50 of your like minded friends will also no longer be customers.
    Toujours prêt

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post

I'm afraid it's pretty much useless to promise a business that you will no longer be a customer because of their weapons policy. I'm sure that most businesses will not even bat an eye to the threat, even if you convinced them that 50 of your like minded friends will also no longer be customers.
    +1, I've CC'd there many times. With the sheer number of stores I bet that there are some gun friendly merchants among them.

(Lehigh County)

Why not just ignore their policy and carry concealed?

Because we shouldn't have to.
    Any mission, any conditions, any foe at any range.
    Twice the mayhem, triple the force.
    Ten times the action, total hardcore.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by General Geoff View Post
    Why not just ignore their policy and carry concealed?

Because we shouldn't have to.

Unfortunately, that's not the way the real world works.

You'll find that in the "real" world many times laws and rights only count in the court room, and even then one needs to convince the judge and jury that they are applicable to your case.
    Toujours prêt

Last line of their "code of conduct":
    "If you fail or refuse to follow this Code of Conduct, you will be asked to leave the property. If you fail or refuse to leave the property, you will be arrested and prosecuted for Criminal Trespass"

This ^ is all they can do legally.

Unfortunately, that's not the way the real world works.

You'll find that in the "real" world many times laws and rights only count in the court room, and even then one needs to convince the judge and jury that they are applicable to your case.
    Don't you think that it is wrong to violate the property owner's wishes and therefore, his rights? You use the retail services based on your agreement to abide by the property owner's rules.

Based on your logic, it is fine to steal as long as you don't get caught. I am not accusing you of stealing, but rather, using theft as another example of your logic which says it is okay to use his property anyway, just don't get caught breaking the rules.

Your logic also says we need only respect one another in the courtroom. I reject that notion.
    Last edited by longcall911; August 6th, 2012 at 04:49 PM.
    Help us restore election integrity in PA. Join PA Voters United

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast