Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Do your friends/family support your choice to carry?

Most of my friends support my right to carry and so does my family. Oddly enough, those friends of mine who are against handgun ownership all together said, "i don't mind you carrying, im not nervous around you right now even though you have a gun, because i know you". Which kind of blows the anti logic out of the water. Thats saying nobody can carry a handgun legally because I don't know them and they are as dangerous as a thug or a hood, however, if I have known them for 10 years, it's ok, because I know they are responsible. Anyways, nobody has given me a hard time about it and infact several of my friends have now applied for their LTCF and are in the process of researching a handgun. Anyone had a hard time? Or is it all support like me?

West of the mountains, south of the lake, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Default Re: Do your friends/family support your choice to carry?

I have been carrying a firearm daily for 35 years. At first it was an eyebrow raiser, but now most family members carry, the newest one being my 21 year old college student daughter. Most of my friends are shooters, or LE, or both. They virtually all carry daily. It is a personal decision, I would carry whether or not those around me supported my decision.

they don't even ask anymore, GF gets a little edgy sometimes knowing I have one chamered, but never really says anything about it
    Honesta Mors Turpi Vita Potior ~ 3%

(York County)

My freinds are ok with it but it makes my wife uncomfortable. Mostly because of our two boys i think. Doesn't want them to see, they are only 4 and 1. Oldest one gets the gun safety idea since he sees me go hunting. My wife never grew up around guns so that is probably where the issues come from. She does not mind me having them, just doesn't like me to carry.

(Luzerne County)

All support here. At first my wife was against it but after I explained the reasons she came over to my side. Two years later it was a ltcf and a taurus snubbie for the purse.

Yes.......

(Cambria County)

Betterhalf supports me fully. In fact, she is getting her LTCF this week and wants to carry too.

Other than that. I tell no one else I carry. I don't want them to know. I have one buddy, who just asked me cause of the IDPA and USPSA shoots I attend. I told him I did all the time. He stared at me and said. "I never noticed." Guess I am doing it right when it comes to CCing since no seems to know that I hang with.

I have talked to the kids, and they know why I carry. It is for their protection as well as mine. They have been instructed not to tell anyone. (Don't let the bad guys know I am armed before he sees the barrel pointed at him) And they never do, which amazes me. Well one time they did let it out to someone. I was having dinner out with the kids, when a LEO buddy and his partner showed up and joined us. As the converstion wore on, they were joking about whooping the kids with nightsticks, the one LEO says, "Well who all has a pistol here to the girls?" They shyly pointed at me (since a LEO asked, I think they felt obligated to answer). I looked at my buddy and his partner, smiled and said, "Don't leave home without it." I looked at the girls, winked, and we all laughed.
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

(Erie County)

Most of my friends and family know I have an interest in firearms. Some know that I carry but most do not know I carry all the time. Any antis that I know personally have given up discussing the subject with me a long time ago and have at least accepted that it is part of who I am. I have never been asked to leave or to put it away or not invited to a family function or event because of it. I really don't know any real anti zealots, just people that aren't familiar with firearms and have a society and media based fear of them.

Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

When I first got my LTCF they were dubious about me going about "packin". I think it's because I was a little wild when I was younger and they were worried I was gonna cause trouble. Well....I have changed and I hnoestly think having my LTCF has kept me out of trouble. I know loving guns has. If i wasn't for the fear of losing my rights I'd probably have tken more chances doing illegal things. But I couldn't risk never being able to own guns if I were to get charged with anything "over the line"

The bigest thing I had trouble with was cinvincing my friends it WAS legal to carry certian places. Like bars. My buddy got his license first and the cover letter stating what you shouldn't do was final word for him. I knew better, and knew the sherrifs didn't give factual info all the time.

My girlfriend fully supports me carrying. She likes it that I do. And there have been times where we have been out and about and she gets an uneasy feeling and asks me "you have your gun on you right?"

"Is that some kind of trick question?"

(Dauphin County)

my family does, most of my friends dont understand why i need a gun with me all the time.
    they are in the frame of mind that whats going to happen?
    my best friend is ok with carry but not OC he thinks i will be the first victim or it will be taken from me..
    Tigers love pepper, they don't like cinnamon !

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast