Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Erie County)

Default OC'd today, at the WWII re-enactment.

Went to Tidioute to the WWII re-enactment; http://www.remagenbridge.com/info.html
    OC'd my XDm in a Uncle Mikes holster (I KNOW, I'm looking...) two "encounters" first with a county Sheriff's deputy, who asked if it was the new Hi-Point. "Nope, XDm", we talked guns and holsters for a bit. Ran into him a bit later and found out he had worked in Erie and had also worked for the same boss as my brother does. Small world. He never asked for ID or LTCF.
    Second, a man wearing a "We the people" T-shirt, with a pair of six guns on the front asked "open carry, huh?" I said "yep, don't even need a license in Pa", he looked skeptical, and said he had licenses from PA, NY, FL, and Utah. I told him about PAFOA, and said check it out. He said he would.
    Walked around WalMart in Corry on the way back to check out ammo, not much of a supply, no .223/5.56 at all.
    Other than that, no screaming women or children, no dead puppies or kittens, the ground didn't open up and swallow me, the re-enactors didn't open fire on me, maybe I'm not doing it right?
    The most dangerous place in America is a "gun free" zone.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Default Re: OC'd today, at the WWII re-enactment.

I've never been to one. Are the re-enactors typically OC'ing 1911's?

(Bedford County)

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    Went to Tidioute to the WWII re-enactment; http://www.remagenbridge.com/info.html
    OC'd my XDm in a Uncle Mikes holster (I KNOW, I'm looking...) two "encounters" first with a county Sheriff's deputy, who asked if it was the new Hi-Point. "Nope, XDm", we talked guns and holsters for a bit. Ran into him a bit later and found out he had worked in Erie and had also worked for the same boss as my brother does. Small world. He never asked for ID or LTCF.
    Second, a man wearing a "We the people" T-shirt, with a pair of six guns on the front asked "open carry, huh?" I said "yep, don't even need a license in Pa", he looked skeptical, and said he had licenses from PA, NY, FL, and Utah. I told him about PAFOA, and said check it out. He said he would.
    Walked around WalMart in Corry on the way back to check out ammo, not much of a supply, no .223/5.56 at all.
    Other than that, no screaming women or children, no dead puppies or kittens, the ground didn't open up and swallow me, the re-enactors didn't open fire on me, maybe I'm not doing it right?
    don hume has a decent open carry holster.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    I've never been to one. Are the re-enactors typically OC'ing 1911's?
    I didn't notice the sidearm. I was looking more at the rifles and other gear. They are usually as accurate as possible, so I would assume they would carry 1911's, and I did see some of them shooting pistols.
    The most dangerous place in America is a "gun free" zone.