Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Pike County)

Default Re: The only purpose of a gun is to kill

Quote Originally Posted by FNG19 View Post
    I don't know... there's a little gathering in London right now that features target shooting, archery, fencing, javelin
    So I guess these guys from the roof near the stadium are from the UK Javelin team?

Je suis déplorable

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Metz View Post
    So I guess these guys from the roof near the stadium are from the UK Javelin team?

LOL, competitive rocket launching? Do we have our own team? That's something I'd watch.

(Chester County)

Well, that statement is kind of true. Guns were invented only to kill. But law abiding citizens realized how fun guns were too shoot that they used them for target shooting, hunting and self defense. Its a great hobby!

(Montgomery County)

Guns are for killing and in the hands of the responsible American citizen guns are for killing the enemies of life and liberty and safeguarding the Constitution from threats foreign and domestic.

(York County)

A rifle, shotgun, or handgun, is nothing more than a platform in which to
    launch a projectile, accuratley and effectively at a target for the purpose
    of its destruction.
    FUNDAMENTALS

"All that is needed for Evil to Prevail is for Good Men to
    do Nothing"

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    The anti's will almost certainly be anti for as long as they are alive. Unless something significant occurs to change their outlook. I have stopped trying to argue with them.
    Exposure therapy works the best. Put their irrational ideas completely to rest by taking them to the range, cleaning guns in front of them, etc. It's very simple really.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Susquehanna County)

No, guns were designed to launch bullets. Guns have no purpose beyond what the user gives them. If the user has no intent other than learning the skills needed for marksmanship and the art and science of ballistics, then the gun's purpose is no more evil than a textbook.

There is also nothing about guns that projects an evil intetion into the heart and mind othe owne/user. If there were, then all my guns are defective. I'm 66 years old and I have been shooting for over 60 of those years. In all of that time (except in a military context) my guns have never been a threat to anyone.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    What with all our heat seaking bullets that cook the animal. Our hi capacity assault pistols, and voodoo curses we place on our barrels to always point at an innocent.
    Wait, there are voodoo curses? Here I've been using Druidic spells ... no wonder my guns haven't gotten up and started shooting.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

There's a device showing up all across America,a small package whose only purpose is to explosively blow up a bag in the face of someone who is trying to concentrate on operating a motor vehicle. People seem to think that the innocent lives saved are worth the harm caused by air bags.

Your local hospital probably paid good money for a saw whose main purpose is to cut off your arm or leg. They also keep these nasty little power saws with blades intended to cut into the skulls of living human beings, and they have machines intended to forcibly spread your ribs apart.

Guns are intended to incapacitate using enough force to kill the target around 22% of the time. We tolerate these things, and use billions of tax dollars to provide them to our police and military, because sometimes that's the best outcome of a bad situation. Like sawing off a leg to save a life, like breaking your nose with an airbag to prevent you from flying through your windshield, we tolerate the killings of bad people who are trying to do bad things, because that outcome is better than letting them succeed.

Killing a rapist without trial is a bad thing, but permitting unchecked rape is worse.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Expecting an honest citizen to give up their arms because criminals have killed with them is like expecting honest citizens to give up driving cars because drunk driver's have killed with cars.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast