I have been having a sarcastic conversation with a shooting buddy. It began with what we thought would be the predictable backlash against guns from the "batman shootings". The last email in this exchange, I think I show how the mind of Bloomberg may work, and, at the same time, find liabilty in a huge and rich corporation.....pasted here:
In my personal study (non-scientific observation of several semi-random people---as accurate as most anti-gun studies) I have yet to find correlation between criminal gun activity and super-sized coke. However, I’m sure I can come up with one.
Just a theory (which I can probably prove with contrived data like the other guys use)----where do most armed robberies take place? And when?
Convenience stores at night. What is in convenience stores?….Big Gulp. Obviously, armed criminals are very thirsty after dark. They probably suffer from sugar-withdrawal, making them anxious and hostile. These armed, hostile and thirsty young people enter a convenience store and are often confronted with a counter clerk who bears a resemblance to someone on the terrorist watch list. Thus, our confused, angry, tired thirsty youth loses control of his emotions and pulls a gun on the clerk. He is then chased and shot by the clerk, who has the benefit of an unlimited soda supply to replenish his blood sugar. The surveillance video becomes a viral hit on YouTube.
Consequently, it is actually Google who is mainly responsible for enabling this kind of violence.