Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Lycoming County)

Default Re: Sweet potato crusted Tilapia with Cilantro Lime sauce and a side of Glock

Very nice

Looks healthy compared to what I've been eating lately..

(Chester County)

Default Re: Sweet potato crusted Tilapia with Cilantro Lime sauce and a side of Glock

Quote Originally Posted by glock19girl View Post
    I thought this recipe was a little odd sounding.
    I have to say the flavors really compliment each other.

The sides were a Southwest pasta salad and Garden fresh tomatoes grilled with fresh basil and mozzarella.

Served with a White Zinfandel.

Attachment 42190

Attachment 42191
    I could not help but notice that I wasn't invited over for dinner . . .
    Jimmy cracked corn and HE didn't care! Why should I?

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by glock19girl View Post
    Hey always fun to do some fusion cooking. Although today it's going to be a Texas dish of barbeque beef and beans and some jalapeno cornbread with pico de gallo. So more Southwestern cooking. That will be in the slow cooker this afternoon

I do southwest stuffed peppers. Spicy grilled chicken or pulled pork with Spanish rice, stuffed in roasted bell or pablano peppers... a little queso fresco, pico, guacamole, and greek yogurt instead of sour cream on top. You use a cast iron pan for the cornbread?
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you... but believe me, it's on the damned list.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ten*K View Post
    I do southwest stuffed peppers. Spicy grilled chicken or pulled pork with Spanish rice, stuffed in roasted bell or pablano peppers... a little queso fresco, pico, guacamole, and greek yogurt instead of sour cream on top. You use a cast iron pan for the cornbread?
    I want to come over to your house
    That sounds yummy
    Yes funny thing is I found all these
    old cast iron pans my mom used to have.
    My dad put them away cause they were too
    heavy for him, he has arthritis.
    So he told me I could have them.
    Some of my best cooking tools were hand me
    downs that no one wanted. My cousins were
    grabbing for the furniture and televisions.
    I was after the pizelle iron, the old baking
    dishes and the set of Steeler and Pirate glasses
    I dislike the diamond commercials, give me something useful like guns, ammo or cookware.

(Westmoreland County)

Cilantro Lime Sauce is oh so very good!

But a beautiful tomato topped with FRESH basil and melted mozz... MOLTO DELIZIOSO!!!!

(Allegheny County)

I didn't mind Tilapia although my fish of choice is salmon with topped with mayo, dill and cracked ground pepper. Then fresh lemon..yummmm

Anyways, I was watching a dvd "dirty jobs" and they threw Tilapia into a fish tank as they are ravenous eaters of "poop" and clean the tanks from the other fish. Then they sell them for us to eat.........something to think about........Hopefully that is an exception to the ones we are buying in the supermarkets.....
    Then again - we don't know what is being fed to the other animals that we eat !!!!
    Last edited by Just1more; July 26th, 2012 at 09:13 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Just1more View Post
    I didn't mind Tilapia although my fish of choice is salmon with topped with mayo, dill and cracked ground pepper. Then fresh lemon..yummmm

Anyways, I was watching a dvd "dirty jobs" and they threw Tilapia into a fish tank as they are ravenous eaters of "poop" and clean the tanks from the other fish. Then they sell them for us to eat.........something to think about........Hopefully that is an exception to the ones we are buying in the supermarkets.....
    Then again - we don't know what is being fed to the other animals that we eat !!!!
    :/ thanks Marilyn, lol I have salmon too but had all this tilapia to use up.
    I dislike the diamond commercials, give me something useful like guns, ammo or cookware.

I have to try to make those tomatoes, my wife would absolutely love them. Any pointers? Like do you season the tomatoes, I assume you broil them, what kind of cheese is best?
    We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately.-Benjamin Franklin

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by 7998 View Post
    I have to try to make those tomatoes, my wife would absolutely love them. Any pointers? Like do you season the tomatoes, I assume you broil them, what kind of cheese is best?
    I grilled them , but broiling works well. In this heat I wasn't turning the oven on.
    I brushed them with some olive oil and balsamic vinegar, crushed a clove of garlic, sprinkled with sea salt and pepper, topped with chopped fresh basil.
    Top it with mozzarella and grill or broil.
    If you do a low carb diet they can kind of be your substitute pizza

(Lehigh County)

Score the tomatoes with an X on the bottom, then "shock" the skins off (google it), then blot them on paper towels before you season and cook them. They stay firm that way.

You can make the tomatoes in a pie crust if you want to serve more people or easily have leftovers. Fresh basil and parsley for Italian, cilantro and mint for Mexican. The nice thing about that prep is you can serve it warm or cold (once baked).

Make sure you are loaded with +P to keep the moochers at bay.
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you... but believe me, it's on the damned list.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12