Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Finished my 556 AR mag fed AK

thank you for the compliments.. I have had many saigas.. they all came and went.. except my saiga 12 which I still have and a 7.62x39.. I had a 556 before this one.. then a 545.. and a 7.62.. the 7.62 was my first and always held a special place.. lol but once I got bit by the AR bug I started to lose a little love.. I found 7.62x39 a liability in that I had to buy two different calibers for two different mid range guns.. I also had to run two different magazines.. further I started to think if they ever want to hurt gun owners.. a simple move would be to halt importation of ammo.. which would make my buy domestically produced 7.62x39 at a premium.. not something I was interested in.. sold the 7.62 and got another 556.. this gun.. then decided I wanted AR mags so my two mid range rifles would essentially be interchangeable..

the adapter is made by a company called MSA.. it basically functions like an AR..
    the mags will drop free which makes reloading VERY fast..
    the adapter required some cutting to get in.. and the locking lugs had to be cut a bit to allow the AR mag to seat...

at first outing it was about %85 reliable as SOME of my last rounds weren't making it into the chamber..

I put a small bevel in the front of the barrel and had no failures in a test fire of about 50..

I feel that adding a bullet guide will make for %100 reliable.. and that is likely the last step..

overall the gun handles great.. it is light.. and has common mags and ammo.. which was the goal.. the adapter itself was about $80... the cutting of the trunion was scary.. but quite a few people have done it without issue..

thanks again for the compliments.. I love the gun so far..

gas block is the same factory saiga block..

(Allegheny County)

Absolutely neat stuff. I like that stock on my AR as well. I would have left the AK stock. But that's just me. Impressive work though!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12